Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Accident In my Turbo 05 ES

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident In my Turbo 05 ES

Sooo i crashed my Car make a long story short driving down a hill some kid in front of me braked for no reason i rear ended him he had about 5 scratches on his back bumper n my car got pretty messed up some of my friends also say mayb is cuz my car is so low or because i was going downhill but watever it is wat it is my question is how bad do you guys think the damage is? i have full coverage and all and waiting for adjuster to come to my shop couple things that worry my is that my car is barely worth 4500 at most trade in value i have 88,000 miles on it and also with all the body damage my radiator broke and so did the AC how much do you guys think i have worth of damage i'm not to familiar with this since my first accident but im hoping and pretty sure Geico can't say this is a total loss right? thanks for the help guy's and here are pic and also airbags did not deploy i wasnt going fast at all i dnt even know how my car got so messed up

P.S- tried to keep it short didnt work sorry lol

Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:33 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

looks like all work tha can be done yourself but the cost of parts will get you.

your looking prolly 800-900 in parts alone. see what the adjuster gives you.

josh
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:42 PM

Its tough to say what the extent of the damage is. The bumper cover and hood are covering most of the damage. However it doesn't look too bad. The car will not be classified as a complete loss this damage is not significant enough. It looks as if you may need to repaint/replace the front bumper cover the hood, I can see that the front upper support seems to have been bent downward. Did the fan/belts or radiator shift or get crushed? All in all i could say it could have been a lot worst. It will be fixed in no time.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Body kit and carbon fiber hood
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

get some ground effects
Old Jan 5, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

well radiator cracked that leaked and also my ac messed up and intercooler was god except dent on bottom but imma check it more closely tomorrow how much do you guys think or know rrm would charge me for new intercooler? also the supports did get bent
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:02 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should be alright , not a total loss. Be prepared to not have your car for a few months. When I got hit. I upgraded to projectors,new evo hood, gforce front bumper, and fenders. All costing less than oem replacements... Take a few deep breaths and get ready the ride has just begun..
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
You should be alright , not a total loss. Be prepared to not have your car for a few months. When I got hit. I upgraded to projectors,new evo hood, gforce front bumper, and fenders. All costing less than oem replacements... Take a few deep breaths and get ready the ride has just begun..
lol u would make me madd sad n angry lol MONTHS!!!! wtff im dieing n its barely been a week lolol why so long?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

if you need some parts hit me up...i got a radiator, ac condenser, ac compressor, stock fans and some other stuff that you can have for pretty cheap...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

definitely to see this happen bro but time to get some new parts and upgrade some parts...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

It might get marked as a total loss. They go by OEM parts cost and I have heard that when your car is over 70k miles the chances of a total loss are much higher. Good luck and if they do mark it as a total loss buy it back for a few hundred.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slatermvp
if you need some parts hit me up...i got a radiator, ac condenser, ac compressor, stock fans and some other stuff that you can have for pretty cheap...
damm niceee and yea it sucks but watevs nothing to do but deal with it now but i will def hit u up for those parts if needed once i see how adjuster rates it i will ask my mechanic what exactly i need and let you know thanks
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahh
It might get marked as a total loss. They go by OEM parts cost and I have heard that when your car is over 70k miles the chances of a total loss are much higher. Good luck and if they do mark it as a total loss buy it back for a few hundred.
Yea ive been reading a lot up on it and was over stressing the whole situation basically if they mark it as total loss im just going to bring it back home make it back to bone stock and part out my car and let them have my car stock lol and see wats next on my my list for new whip lol
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow thats too bad
hopeful they total it and maybe you can get a newer one

-anthony
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
wow thats too bad
hopeful they total it and maybe you can get a newer one

-anthony
yea it suks well hopefully i can get it back 100% like before it was running nicee and dont have to deal with parting out but if no option ill do what i gotta do lol

Quick Reply: Accident In my Turbo 05 ES