Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Taillight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2004, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillight bulbs?

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the wattage was on the taillight bulb for the signal light?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

dont know...but i wanted to change it to a clear or hyper white, cool blue color...and i got crap..first ..being i said forget the manual...lets get dirty, i go behind the car and uncrew my carpet screws and then after i got my carpet off, i notice damn i cant go behind the trunk but i have to go on the side after taking the 2 screws that hold the light console in place. i cant get the actual consol out? what the hell? ...i tried almost everything...untill i said damn..i dont want to break it...and just screwed it back on. also on my headlights i got the closing circle cap off "passenger side" off and then when i wanted to tighten it back on to close...i wont close?????? what the hell
Old Jan 12, 2004, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

front turns and rear turns you can use 1156 bulbs, but you have to take off one of the notches on the bulb because mitsu has special ones for our cars which arent made... but if you take off one of hte notches it will fit and lock in just fine... as for taking off the rear tails, unscrew the 2 screws and pull the light toward you.. that is, straight back from the trunk.. its a little hard because they are held in there with these yellow caps that are pretty tight.. but it will come off, just dont get too brutal with it...

also about your headlight.. if you are having trouble locking it (turning it clockwise) turn it conter-clockwise about half a turn then try locking it on
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:03 AM

I actually changed my front signals to cool blue two days ago...the bulbs are PY21 ... 21 watt. They look really cool during the day and bright as hell at night. Next I'm putting the blue turn signals in the tailights but as mentioned above...the taillights are a little hard to come off and It is FREEZING here in New York so I was like.."forget it, I'll just do the front"...lol. But in a couple days I'm putting them in. Plus I ordered the mod chip, mesh grill, and fogs.

Hey I heard that some people have trouble with the Intake Mod Speed Chip...what's the deal anyone know?? I ordered mine on Ebay for like 5 bucks...lol. Should I use it?