Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

lancer vs evo

Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you have EVO ENVY...

Those differences that you speak of make up the whole package.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer se04
every time i ask and see what would work the answer i get seems to always lead to (should of got a evo). and i do wish i did but i had to comprimise with what i was given to work with.
You had to compromise with what you had, but now you want to turn your Lancer into an Evo? That's not a compromise. And yes, it would've been cheaper and more reliable for you to buy an Evo from the start rather than try to turn a Lancer into a Evo, which is why everyone's been telling you "you should've gotten an Evo".
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

from reading your posts it seems like either English is NOT your first langauge, OR you are driving and typing. I am trying to make sense of some of the stuff you are saying, and it seems like you are hung up on this whole tuning thing. yes a good tune is what makes you good power but the platform (the car itself) comes to play also..catch my drift.
Most of the guys that have built fwd lancers have tuned their cars also, no one JUST makes crazy power with slapping a turbo...they just realized that putting that power to the ground on just two front wheels was not a good idea...
do you even know how to tune a car?? you keep talking soo much about tuning..
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:59 AM

i didnt mean to get people heated or make this into a debate or make this into nonsense i just wanted to know peoples thots on. i know their different in a lot of ways.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:02 AM

i do know how to tune like i said i didnt mean to make this into a debate i didnt try to i just wanted to know peoples thoughts. i know you cant just put a turbo in you have to build up your car. like my plan is to turbo my car last but build my car through out the years part by part.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
To keep this simple without it getting out of hand. As already stated you will spend way more trying to make a lancer into an Evo. Idk about the newer lancer vs Evo but in the ct9a I owned both and the lancer chassis is no where near as stiff as my Evo. If that still is the case in newer lancers then that will be another thing that needs to be addressed besides just parts.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:16 AM

so saying that then theirs no point to tune my lancer if the chassis is to week i know its different from the evo but im not trying to build my lancer up like a evo i know thats wishfull thinking. I'm building my lancer up the way i want to with out destroying it like adding coilovers,exhaust,fuel inj, headers, mabey pistonsm, ext. I didnt want to build it up like a evo if i said that or made it think like that i didnt mean just wanted to know how similure they are or to what point are they close (except for that their both lancers).
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

I completely understand working with what you got but this isn't apples to apples here.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:21 AM

i understand that and iv'e excepted that fact diffrence from evo and lancer, and now just want to move on, and that theirs no point to tunning a lancer like a evo.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolved Monkey
The money and effort it would take to modify a lancer into something with comparable performance of a stock Evo would cost more than trading in said lancer and buying a used Evo.
But hey, if you are satisfied with your lancer like you stated then good for you; however the psychologist in me translated that whole post as "I wish I had an Evo". :P
I have to agree with this^. I have seen so many threads started here with Lancers that the owners dumped what sounds like 'millions' of dollars just to add a turbo, intercooler, etc., or even a CT9A engine! All that time, effort and weekends just to try to transform your car! I don't get it...buy a cheap daily driver, save your money and buy a used Evo. I don't like seeing people transforming their car to something that it's NOT. No matter what you do to your car, it is what it is, regardless what you do!

So, I do agree with the OP, even though he talks about wanting an Evo, which I understand. I'm a parent ($) & a home owner ($$!) and I used to see all the people driving Evos when they first came here to the 'States, wondering if I'd ever get one. I got a second job and just focused on getting one...Well, check to your left and down below to my signature. I reached my goal and have NO REGRETS!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:37 AM

so what your saying is i should just stop trying to tune my and if i want performance just sell my lancer and get a evo.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

^If you are referring to my post above, absolutely not! Have fun with it! Tune it! Drop it! Do what you like to it! I'm just mentioning about the guys that spend months making their car as close as possible to an Evo. The guys that drop 'millions' of dollars into their Lancers, following towards the path of an Evo...If you WANT an Evo, save for one. If you are happy with a Lancer, great too!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:50 AM

yea im happy with my car and im not trying to tune it up like a evo i just want to tune my car up and have fun with it race do what ever to it and just get my car to what i want it to be without destroying my car.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
You need to stop using the word tune like you are. It is confusing, tune around here is mostly limited to changing the maps in the ecu.

Anyway what I tell lancer owners is don't go crazy with it and save for something else that is performance oriented from the get go.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

^^ I think that's great! I wish you the best of luck and hope you reach your goals!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lancer vs evo