Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

lancer vs evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lancer vs evo

why does every one say should of got a evo seriously i dont see the difference except for the awd, the turbo, and upgraded ecu and some performance parts, but its not like you can do that to your car you can build up a lancer to be like a evo yea you wont have the awd so what doesnt really matter. i have a 2012 lancer se awd 2.4 and im building it up slowly, people always think evos are the best yes evos are dam awsome but so can any car it just takes time and money to do that. People that tune dont always do it to race some people do it just for the satisfaction that they tunned up their car. yea i wish i got a evo or a ralliart but i got a lancer se and im happy with what i got, if your not going to appreciat what car you then why the **** do you have it at all if you dont like the car you have go get the dam evo then. People like to be like other people i just dont see whats the point to being like every one else any car can be a good car just take care of it, we will always say dam wish i got that car but doesnt mean you cant like your car build your car up like the car you should of gotten. But for the record i do love evos and ralliarts but i like mitsubishi lancers period se,de,gt es, ralliart, or evo doesnt matter their all awsome cars, so appreciate what you got.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup, hardly any difference...

Last edited by Kracka; Sep 11, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer se04
why does every one say should of got a evo seriously i dont see the difference except for the awd, the turbo, and upgraded ecu and some performance parts, but its not like you can do that to your car you can build up a lancer to be like a evo yea you wont have the awd so what doesnt really matter. i have a 2012 lancer se awd 2.4 and im building it up slowly, people always think evos are the best yes evos are dam awsome but so can any car it just takes time and money to do that. People that tune dont always do it to race some people do it just for the satisfaction that they tunned up their car. yea i wish i got a evo or a ralliart but i got a lancer se and im happy with what i got, if your not going to appreciat what car you then why the **** do you have it at all if you dont like the car you have go get the dam evo then. People like to be like other people i just dont see whats the point to being like every one else any car can be a good car just take care of it, we will always say dam wish i got that car but doesnt mean you cant like your car build your car up like the car you should of gotten. But for the record i do love evos and ralliarts but i like mitsubishi lancers period se,de,gt es, ralliart, or evo doesnt matter their all awsome cars, so appreciate what you got.

Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:16 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
How?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:21 AM

i just think its a good idea to not hate on the car you got you can turn your lancer into a evo (almost), just got to put time into it. if your someone like me that like to tune then yea its more fun will take more money but your building your car the way you want. evos their built up a bit for you but like i said every one has their own car and prefrence.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

The money and effort it would take to modify a lancer into something with comparable performance of a stock Evo would cost more than trading in said lancer and buying a used Evo.
But hey, if you are satisfied with your lancer like you stated then good for you; however the psychologist in me translated that whole post as "I wish I had an Evo". :P
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:29 AM

yea i wanted a evo but the money part no, take a lancer es 2.0 fwd manule put a turbo in it mabey do a little tunning and some performance parts, bam you alsmot same thing except for the awd part same dam thing. or you be like other people and just slap a dam turbo in turn the boost up and blow engine in a couple races. yes evos are nice i like them i would get one if i could but i got a lancer se and im happy with it and im tunning it up will taker time but im in no rush so when i say this all lancers are preaty much the same except for parts.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i wanted a evo but the money part no, take a lancer es 2.0 fwd manule put a turbo in it mabey do a little tunning and some performance parts, bam you alsmot same thing except for the awd part same dam thing. or you be like other people and just slap a dam turbo in turn the boost up and blow engine in a couple races. yes evos are nice i like them i would get one if i could but i got a lancer se and im happy with it and im tunning it up will taker time but im in no rush so when i say this all lancers are preaty much the same except for parts.
Isn't this the same thing for every base model car vs. the performance version???
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:33 AM

also for the performance theirs different type of tunning their 1/4 mile tunning so whos got the faster car on a straight off, or track wair you take turn going 60 and wont wipe out and eat it. theirs all kinds of different tunning.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:37 AM

in some what yes is kind of comparing the 2 but also not some cars dont have a performance versoin. but also it is you take a lancer vs ralliart vs evo its the performancer version stock. but when you tune anything can beat anything just got ask your self this do you want to take the time to tune or do you just want to run stock so yes and no to stock vs performance.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This probably isnt the best way to start off as you are new to this forum.

I do see what your saying, anytime someone with a lancer wants to buy an intake or an exhaust some one chimes in "dude just get an evo" like everyone can afford the maintenance, lesser mpg, higher insurance and higher car payment. Ignore those people and just enjoy modifying your car.

On another note,
There are many more differences between the Evo and the lancer. Sure they share many body parts and interior parts but the core of the car is completely different. Besides those few lancers that are turboed I have one of the most modified lancers performance and suspension wise (still have a few things to do but im taking my time) and its something you just have to realize.

It would be best to stick with a lancer/RA comparison as they are more similar and a turboed lancer can be as quick as a stock RA. The only problem with a FWD turboed lancer is keeping the power on the pavement, ive seen about 4 build threads of turboed lancers and they all ended in part outs and that person either buying a different car or an RA/Evo.

I also found it strange you bought a lancer se which is roughly 21-22,500. A used RA with <30k miles can be bought for less than that and a used evo x with <40k miles can be bought for around 25k.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:42 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OP, you seem like a genuinely nice person who means no harm. Let this thread go. Nothing good can come of it.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
yea i wanted a evo but the money part no, take a lancer es 2.0 fwd manule put a turbo in it mabey do a little tunning and some performance parts, bam you alsmot same thing except for the awd part same dam thing.
and except for the suspension, and the brakes, and the wheels, and the stiffer frame, and the seats, and.......

see where I'm going with this? Slapping a turbo and awd into a lancer won't turn it into an evo.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:46 AM

yes i do agree but so what you say lancer0220 and yes they are different and they are the same in parts and other things, and for people that turboed their cars that are fwd probuly didnt do much of any tunning they probuly just put the turbo in with all stock and drove it the way it is im talking about building your car they way you want, yes i have asked for a few tips on tunning and the best way to go for tunning from beginning to the end but theirs differnt types of tunning.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:51 AM

i know coming from someone thats new to this forum and doesnt have a evo or a ralliart meaning preaty low on the ladder scale, but even though i have a se awd im still tunning and looking for ways to make it work, like i looked in engine swaps best ways for adding a turbo without destroying your car but every time i ask and see what would work the answer i get seems to always lead to (should of got a evo). and i do wish i did but i had to comprimise with what i was given to work with.

Quick Reply: lancer vs evo