Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

lancer vs evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

If I was you, I'd keep the lancer stock and save up money to get an evo down the road. If you ever do get an evo, you will probably be kicking yourself on why you spent money "tuning up" a lancer as soon as you drive it.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:15 AM

OP: Turn that anger and complaining into working harder to get what you really want...which is obvious or you would not have even said such silly things.

Whoever tells you "should have bought an EVO" is a moron. Do those morons have EVOs? No, of course not, because there is a reason the EVO is double the price of a Lancer.....and no EVO/RA owner would ever say that to a Lancer owner. We know why you don't have an EVO, b/c you cannot afford one YET. WHO CARES. We don't.

I wanted an EVO since I was 22..... but it took me 8 years of working hard to get myself to a financial place I could afford it/mod.
You have to work with what you have at this point in your life. You have a $20K car, which is a lot nicer than many other people. Be proud of that and stop getting defensive with what other idiots say to you.

Love,
Mom.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Simply put, the Evo is a far superior performer. No you cannot cheaply turn a Lancer into an Evo. They are vastly different cars. It's not just AWD and a turbo, the brakes are different, the suspension is different, the transmissions are different, and the engine internals are different. They are two completely different cars that happen to share some components.

It's also tuning, not tunning. If you're going to use the term and act like you know what you're talking about, at least spell it properly.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

An Evo is a Lancer.

A lancer is not an Evo.

/thread.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Tunning? WTF? First of all, you spelled it incorrectly. Second of all, you are using it in the wrong context. Please substitute the word with modify. For someone that knows so much about tuning, why do you assume people turbo their cars and don't tune it? If they didn't have a tune of some sort, it would lean out and blow up. Also, I seen your part list and you didn't mention turbo, but you mentioned getting injectors? Seriously?

There is nothing wrong with you wanting to modify your car, and a lot of people do say you should of just bought an evo. But there is a lot of people on here that are in the same boat as you, and they are willing to help you. But for you to be as new to the forum as you are, and to start a thread like this. How do you think people are going to react? Then you say you're not starting a debate. If you would take the time to search and pm people and gain respect from other people on the forum, you would have more success getting your car the way you want it.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer se04
why does every one say should of got a evo seriously i dont see the difference except for the awd, the turbo, and upgraded ecu and some performance parts, but its not like you can do that to your car you can build up a lancer to be like a evo yea you wont have the awd so what doesnt really matter. i have a 2012 lancer se awd 2.4 and im building it up slowly, people always think evos are the best yes evos are dam awsome but so can any car it just takes time and money to do that. People that tune dont always do it to race some people do it just for the satisfaction that they tunned up their car. yea i wish i got a evo or a ralliart but i got a lancer se and im happy with what i got, if your not going to appreciat what car you then why the **** do you have it at all if you dont like the car you have go get the dam evo then. People like to be like other people i just dont see whats the point to being like every one else any car can be a good car just take care of it, we will always say dam wish i got that car but doesnt mean you cant like your car build your car up like the car you should of gotten. But for the record i do love evos and ralliarts but i like mitsubishi lancers period se,de,gt es, ralliart, or evo doesnt matter their all awsome cars, so appreciate what you got.

Really tho... You arent really comparing apples to apples here. In reference to your title "lancer vs. evo", it really isnt fair to compare them this way. Bottom line, you like your car then work with it. If you want to make it an evo, then do it. Or dont and make it what you want. Either way, who cares what we all think?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ok im probably one of the few who bought a lancer turboed it, drove it, tune it, then sell it. Then i bought an evo a year later because I missed fixing up my old lancer.

Heres the truth to be honest buying my evo was the best thing I have ever done in my life, I absolutely love this car and I would never go back to a lancer "or at least fix it up again for racing purposes"

The lancer es was so much easier to work on than the evo it was easy tuning, fixing it, and just driving it around. But I have relaized now that my old lancer really wasnt a race car or would ever be unless I dumped huge amounts of money on it compared to my evo. I was able to get my lancer from 100hp, to around 250-275 hp. Trust me it was really fun working on that car and driving something no one else had in my area my car was unique. After buying the evo I have spent less money on upgrades to get to around 350hp "ill be there soon" but I have spent 3x the amount on the car than I did a lancer. I spent 2500 on my turbo kit to pretty much make an evo without the awd, since I have an evo now I plan on spending 5k later down the road to make it a race car around 500hp since I know how to work on my evo thanks to my lancer being my test car.

Long story short - If you want an evo buy a lancer and turbo it you should be able to get 300hp max out of that engine but make sure your tune is dead on!!!

If you want a race car for future potential buy an evo.

But your biggest factor is can your budget handle your goal
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

What? "If you want an evo buy a lancer and turbo it"? That doesn't make much sense. If you want an Evo, buy an Evo.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Amby seriously I know your history making some rude remarks an Evo 8 runs around 275hp to the crank, I you turbo a lancer you can get the same hp for less and still have a base model similar to an Evo plus you know the lancer has its limits vs an Evo. Now if he wants more power get an Evo because there are more options for a race car than the base lancer
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
If you WANT an Evo, save for one. If you are happy with a Lancer, great too!
I bought a Subaru Impreza 2.5 in 2000. I so wanted an STI or WRX, but at that time; it was unavailable. The next year (or so) the WRX and STI was available in the States, but I was still 4 yrs away from paying it off. I looked into modifying it, but it just wasn't feasible moneywise. So..... I payed off the Impreza and bought an EVO 4yrs later. Done and done.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:58 AM

i know and im sorry wasnt my intentions to start something yes i should of got a evo, but i also got a lancer to modify it and see if i can do it i know its possible i just want to know whats the best i can do to it without having to swaps on it. i been looking at lot of performance web sites to look for parts and information, but lot of it doesnt have what im looking for without trying to figure out if i have to make it work.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:50 AM

well quick question then guys whats a good turbo to put in my lancer se i was told either a ko3 or a Ko4.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Amby seriously I know your history making some rude remarks an Evo 8 runs around 275hp to the crank, I you turbo a lancer you can get the same hp for less and still have a base model similar to an Evo plus you know the lancer has its limits vs an Evo. Now if he wants more power get an Evo because there are more options for a race car than the base lancer
You won't make 287 HP, which is what an Evo makes, by simply slapping a turbo onto an otherwise stock Lancer. That's more than doubling the stock output. If we assume that 1 PSI=10 HP, a fairly average gain, you would need to run 16 PSI to get those kinds of numbers. Good luck running 16 PSI on the stock block for long. You're also making the fairly ridiculous statement that because a car has as much power as an Evo, it basically is an Evo. That's like saying because a woman has the same chest size as Kate Upton, she's practically as good looking as Kate Upton.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:19 AM

yea i know i cant just put a turbo in a all stock car i wasnt going to do that, im going to turbo way down the road i know if i put a turbo in now ill destroy my engine rate now, so im going to modify my engine and car before i turbo.

Quick Reply: lancer vs evo