Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

4G18 Problems. HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4G18 Problems. HELP!!!!!

Hey can anybody help me. I have a CS3 Singapore Lancer 1.6 the car went to electrician to fix the switch for the lights because it was shorting. When I went to pick it up and start my car the car refused to remain idling and only plugs 3 and 4 receiving electricity. The car was taken to another electrician and he diagnosed the problem to be the ECU. So I bought a foreign used ECU unfortunately not with the matching serial numbers but the boards match. So we put in the new ECU and the car is idling now and all pistons firing however the much air is not coming out of the exhaust (just barely) and the fans are not spinning unless the AC is on. What is happening? Any suggestions?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:37 PM

Ecu could be off on timing. With stock exhaust i can feel gasses hitting my legs from like 3 feet away on my 4g18. The fans wont activat without engine passing normal operating temperatures. If engine is over heating and they dont activate than check your cooling system entirely from the fans and relay box to water pump and thermostat. I rebuilded my engine and skipped the water pump to save money and that was a costly mistake had to rebuild again after wate pump failure. Oh and also check air to fuel ratio wich can also be the problem do to ecu not from your car. Good luck
Old May 11, 2017, 11:52 PM

สูบเดินไม่ครบ เป็นที่ระบบไฟ ใส่ Direct Coil ของ K20 หายแน่นอนครับ.