Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

magnaflow catback(pics and vid)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea, thats what abs is for
Old Jun 11, 2004, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
i think in an actual emergency ie. your brakes fail completely abs would be pretty useless.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

no sound/video clip yet
Old Jun 21, 2004, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

omg i almost spooged when i heard that. thats sweet. i was seriously debating on that cat as well. sweet man. nice install
Old Jun 21, 2004, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RollerPyro
I got mine from the same guy, 300 shipped. I like the sound, it's probably the quietest catback out there. Some kid at my school (who disses on everybody's stuff) said "you can't even hear it, it probably gave him no horsepower" As if the noise level and power gain are related
I don't think it's the quietest catback...I got the Greddy EVO1 and it's pretty quiet. It would be nice if we had a clip for the GReddy for comparison.

As far as the "it's not loud enough" debate...I got two buddies with catbacks telling me how mine's "too quiet", "can't hear it", and the worst of all which gets on my nerves, "mine's louder." To be honest I kinda want a deep tone that can be heard, not quiet. I already have an AEM CAI and test pipe. Now it has more of an aggressive sound to it.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

I just installed mine the other day and besides the nuts being rusted on it was a breeze to install. The sound is as advertised, low and not bumble bee. I really have been enjoying it thus far. Oh be sure to check for leaks after about fifty miles. Everything was tight when I put it on but I guess after it settles a bit it loosens, I had to tighten it up.

Fox
Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:08 AM

Hey there,
I have a couple questions and hoping you can answer them. I have a 02 ozrally w/ aem cai, kamikaze h/dp and a midas cb with an ebay muffler. Now I want to build a custom t3 turbo what should do about the exhaust? I really want as minimal noise as possible cuz the cops arround here have nothing better to do. what do you think? any suggestions on other mods are definitely appreciated

thanks for your time,
Joel

Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cajjj34
Hey there,
I have a couple questions and hoping you can answer them. I have a 02 ozrally w/ aem cai, kamikaze h/dp and a midas cb with an ebay muffler. Now I want to build a custom t3 turbo what should do about the exhaust? I really want as minimal noise as possible cuz the cops arround here have nothing better to do. what do you think? any suggestions on other mods are definitely appreciated

thanks for your time,
Joel

I love my Magnaflow, damn this thread is old... I haven't gone FI yet but I think I'll be keeping my current setup. I think it will do just fine. The tone is really more deep than loud/ricey.

Just so you know: Seeing as this is a Magnaflow catback exhaust thread I would say you are going to get a lot of guys that are going to tell you that this system is the best. For the price I paid it was... I think I spent like 315 on it.

You might also want to do a search in the FI Lancer forums to see what those guys are using as far as exhaust.

Fox
Old Sep 20, 2005, 08:24 AM

thanks,
shingen
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

i got the Mangnaflow and RRM stage1.....works graeat and sounds BAD@$$!!! nice deep sound....no rice here...i would recommened it or custom build ur own.