Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Tach w/ Shift Lite Install... Help???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tach w/ Shift Lite Install... Help???

I have an APC Tach with Shift light from Pep-Boys (LOL *Flips middle finger*, it was a christmas present & it was FREE!)
Anyway, I got the long green wire figured out and the setup didnt seem too complex until...

(bare w/ me im telling you the color/wires by memory, i might be off cuz its in the car)

the red and black wires for the shift light, and the LED light on the Tach that has red and black wires that connect to a little black box with red and white wires and also 2 black wires are confusing the Fu*k outta me cuz i got the Tach workin and it idles right, but when you rev up the needle goes backwards to "0"??? This only happens after the lights were hooked up, what the hell???

So now the lights are disconnected and it still idles around "800" when drivin' and clicks to "0" when accelerating... this is really weird and frustrating.

Im told that I need a seperate part after the install because Mitsu's generally register Half the actuall Revs on aftermarket tachs... but even still, thats something different. Also the setting is correctly set to "4" (for 4 cylinder).

How do I install/wire the APC Tachometer into my Lancer and get it to work correctly?

If you can Email your response to: Blackmountainenterprise@hotmail.com

Thanx!

- Marcos (Philly)
Old May 14, 2005, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got It!

For some reason (who knows why?) but the "Illumination wires" connected to the fuse (power/light source) somehow caused the Tach to rev backwards, I rewired it to a different source of lighting (using a voltage tester) behind the coin box on the driver side bottom left of the steering wheel (look inside and up on the backside of the console in front of you... NOT THE FUSE CENTER, adjacent to that).
It worked out nicely... Now I think I need a Tach-Driver cus even still I got that Mitsu-Bug where it only reads out half the actuall revs.

Sorry if this is rather confusing, but its an APC product... whaddaya expect?

- Marcos
Old May 27, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btt, why do you need another tach? shift light? you already have one functional tach, and you really shouldnt be racing a bone stock lancer, there arent many cars that you can beat.