Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Answer Back Chirp

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answer Back Chirp

I know this seems like a noob question, but can anyone explain how to engage the horn to sound when locking the car. I read the manual but it is not very clear and I couldn't figure it out.

Right now, I am just pressing the lock button twice quickly and the horn sounds. I would like for it to sound when I press the lock button only once.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:19 AM

do you have the Nav.? if so, you should be able to do this by going into settings... i'm away from my car right now so, I can not tell you exacly how it is done... I did it on mine. I just forgot exacly how...
Old May 29, 2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by GTS_rider
do you have the Nav.? if so, you should be able to do this by going into settings... i'm away from my car right now so, I can not tell you exacly how it is done... I did it on mine. I just forgot exacly how...
I do not have the nav, just the sun and sound package.
Old May 29, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont have the navigation package as well. the only way for it to beep is when i press the lock button twice.
Old May 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

IIRC the way to change light recognition and horn recognition is still pretty close to the previous models. I could have these backwards though..

To change light recognition (and I think there are six different settings for it), be sitting inside the vehicle with it off. Hold the lock button on the fob for no less than 4 seconds (seriously. No less). Then while holding the lock button, depress the lock button. Wait about 1 second and release both buttons. You should hear a ding in the car and it has moved to the next setting.

For horn recognition, swap the locations of the lock and unlock buttons (I.E. unlock for 4 seconds then press lock). Could be swapped though. I can't remember. I did it though, and now my car honks if I press the lock button once on the keyfob.
Old May 29, 2007, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
IIRC the way to change light recognition and horn recognition is still pretty close to the previous models. I could have these backwards though..

To change light recognition (and I think there are six different settings for it), be sitting inside the vehicle with it off. Hold the lock button on the fob for no less than 4 seconds (seriously. No less). Then while holding the lock button, depress the lock button. Wait about 1 second and release both buttons. You should hear a ding in the car and it has moved to the next setting.

For horn recognition, swap the locations of the lock and unlock buttons (I.E. unlock for 4 seconds then press lock). Could be swapped though. I can't remember. I did it though, and now my car honks if I press the lock button once on the keyfob.
yeah, it is something like that, got an GTS and changed it to horn at the first lock press
Old May 29, 2007, 05:14 PM

Thanks Hawkeye with the help of your post and the manual I finally got it.

Here it is:
To make the horn sound once, hold the LOCK button for like 5 seconds.
While the LOCK button is still held down, hold down the UNLOCK button for about 2 seconds.
Then release the UNLOCK button and then LOCK button in that order.
You should then hear a chime in the car.
Does this process until you hear two successive chimes for the horn to sound when you press the LOCK button once.

It is great now.
Old May 30, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Glad to be of service! It's what I'm here for
Old May 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys. i tried it out last night and it worked fine.
Old May 31, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

are there any other cool things like this you can do?