Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Taillight Tints

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillight Tints

hey guys, i finally got my tint from japan and tinted my tailights over the weekend. i also debadged my back. some ppl wanted to see some pix so here it is. again, i used my phone camera, dont hate about the quality haha.

enjoy.

any suggestions?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

That looks pretty good really. I'd just be worried about the legality of that tint in my area, otherwise I'd be looking into that myself.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My only suggestion is better photos so I can decide if I want to do it also...
Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

on the fence with the tinted taillights. but badgless trunk lid looks good
Old Jun 4, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

What kind of light output diffrence is there? It looks awsome but I dont want it to be a saftey issue. Also how bad does it effect the back-up lights?

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Throw up some pictures of the car at night with the headlights on, and also pressing on the brake (day and night shots for the brakes). It would be nice to see how much light is passing through still.

Also...what is this amazing tint that you had to order from japan? Does this now make your Lancer "JDM"?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Why does this have to be illegal in florida? i want this!!! White, please post pictures of those neons too, i wanna see how youve done your car inside and out!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

using film is better, it looks glossy and peels off in case of ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

sry about the quality guys, i just turned 20 and im paying everything myself. university, living expenses, THE car, gas, insurance etc, a digi cam is my least concern.

but i will try my best to upgrade the quality. in terms of the brightness of the light. my reverse strip is not tinted. and neither are my reflectors. when my boy stepped on break, it came out red still. just a lil bit darker. i personally like this over the bright pink look cuz it really gives the lancer a girly look. especially on a white lancer.

this spray is made for lens tinting only and not some universal tints u get off of ebay. i like how the colour came out and i only did 2 coates. it is water proof, dries in matter of hours and the quality is great.

and no it does not make my car JDM lol.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kungfugirl
using film is better, it looks glossy and peels off in case of ticket.
no nice try. my i tinted my g35 coupe with films, what you get are lil bubbles on the side. if u look at teh way our taillights are shaped. it is quiet awkward. its impossible to apply a piece of FLAT film on to something rigid like that and expect a perfect tint with out bubbles. maybe professionally, but definitely a pain in the butt to do it urself in ur garage.

im happy with the results. not expecting everyone to like it haha
Old Jun 4, 2007, 06:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm tempted. As you said, I'm not a fan of the pink covers. I just don't know if I'm willing to go all the way and tint it. I imagine that's hard to remove if I don't like it...
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

well sheep, with a spray, the good thing about it is that you can do multiple layers. if you are unsure, do a light layer, let it dry, and if u think its too light, do another light layer. like i said, this spray dries up in hours instead of days. just make sure u park it in ur garage when u spray and dry it so that no flying particles will stick to ur taillights during the drying process.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:30 PM

So does anyone know how legal getting this done really is? I know its different in each state for the most part but overall is it more illegal then legal?...I would really like to get it done when I get my Lancer but not if its asking for a lot more attention from the cops then im sure Ill already get.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Tint on anything = more attention from cops. Windows make it harder for them to see who you are so they may pull you over just for the hell of it, they also like trying to say your tint is illegal when its borderline and give you hell for that too.

As far as tail lights, i figure its more illegal than not. It obstructs features required on vehicles to make them street legal, break lights, turn signals, reverse lights.. I can almost garantee its illegal in more than 75% of the states.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DoHBoY
Tint on anything = more attention from cops. Windows make it harder for them to see who you are so they may pull you over just for the hell of it, they also like trying to say your tint is illegal when its borderline and give you hell for that too.

As far as tail lights, i figure its more illegal than not. It obstructs features required on vehicles to make them street legal, break lights, turn signals, reverse lights.. I can almost garantee its illegal in more than 75% of the states.
im not sure about the states but in canada, it is ok as long as ur taillights are visible when u step on brake or what not. as of tints, i think its the same in both countries. so far, my window tints are stil from , the darkets legal one. hehe which isnt that dark at all

Quick Reply: Taillight Tints