Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

08 and 06 RA suspension the same?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 08 and 06 RA suspension the same?

ok here in PR the stores are selling the springs for my lancer 08 and they say that the suspension of the lancer rally art form 2006 its the same is this true or should I wait until the suspension for my lancer arrives ?? because in the stores they say its the same fit and would do the same thing of course they are selling TEIN springs they drop 2.2 " thats a lot!! but would they be recommended?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 06:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno about that. I'd just buy some RRMs, but that's just me.

It'd be really cool if the 08 suspension was RA suspension, because that would open up a lot of possibilities.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

yeah I know man but the problem should be maybe the weight of the car both suspensions cant handle the same weight .. wright?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Supposed to be new from the ground up.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

nothing is ever new from the ground up. i really think this should be investigated.

if someone went around and investigated all the possible compatibilities for parts made for past lancers and the 08s, i bet we'd have 30 more hp than we do presently. for a lot less than brand new barely tested RRM products as well.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:02 PM

Guarantee you Rock could answer this right away. I mean his team designed the new ones so he should know whether they are the same as the RA ones... Maybe PM him and post his reply to you.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by cthagreekgod
Guarantee you Rock could answer this right away. I mean his team designed the new ones so he should know whether they are the same as the RA ones... Maybe PM him and post his reply to you.
Yeah, but there's a fine line between "common knowledge" and "private R&D" - RRM are notorious for keeping info quiet. You can't make money if you give all your secrets away.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the part numbers for the ralliart shocks, and compare with the part # for the 08 shocks
Old Jul 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

I can tell you wright now the suspensions are totally different I had an 04 RA and It for sure didnt have MacPherson struts in the front or independent multi-link in the rear. And yes this car is new from the ground up there will not be any compatible parts from the ECU to the drivetrain. Every thing about this car is different then the old gen's but does have some common factors with the outlander.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by show time
I can tell you wright now the suspensions are totally different I had an 04 RA and It for sure didnt have MacPherson struts in the front or independent multi-link in the rear. And yes this car is new from the ground up there will not be any compatible parts from the ECU to the drivetrain. Every thing about this car is different then the old gen's but does have some common factors with the outlander.
Yeah, but given how quickly some aftermarket parts have become available, I think it's safe to say that there's an overlap with SOME type of car.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

lowering spring

Originally Posted by GTS08
ok here in PR the stores are selling the springs for my lancer 08 and they say that the suspension of the lancer rally art form 2006 its the same is this true or should I wait until the suspension for my lancer arrives ?? because in the stores they say its the same fit and would do the same thing of course they are selling TEIN springs they drop 2.2 " thats a lot!! but would they be recommended?
flaco el distribuidor de progress en pr me dijo lo mismo pero que salian chiriando,asi que no te tomes el chance o si lo haces me dejas saber
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by gatzaraki
flaco el distribuidor de progress en pr me dijo lo mismo pero que salian chiriando,asi que no te tomes el chance o si lo haces me dejas saber
Please use English, per Evolutionm.net rules.