Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Intake off e-bay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Wrong. It's the same guy. I talked to him.
GASP. smh ...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a feeling that this car was intentionally designed in order to make modding more difficult so that they could offer the 100k mile warranty comfortably. The difficult thing about MAFS is that you must maintain the same flow characterictics through the new housing as the one that it was calibrated for. Now I don't want to get into another pulley debate, but it would be nice if someone could do a baseline test on the stock MAFS and then when you built your housing you could do a second test on the MAFS in the new housing.This would consist of measuring voltage output of the MAFS with a controlled KNOWN amount of air flowing through the housing. Or at the very least measure the A/F ratio before and after the install.

Last edited by 2008BLACKGTS; Aug 8, 2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

RRM already did this. Thats why they don't get a SES/CE light with their intakes.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:00 PM

I'm not saying that they didn't....I am speeking to those who are trying to build there own or buying one from a no name person who probably simply tried to copy. Which is why I posted in the "Intake off Ebay" post.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:06 PM

The CEL/SES light tells the functionality of the sensor, not the accuracy of the sensor. In fact, most piggybacks work by simply adjusting the mafs signal to trick the computer into thinking the car is getting more/less air than it really is.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008BLACKGTS
I'm not saying that they didn't....I am speeking to those who are trying to build there own or buying one from a no name person who probably simply tried to copy. Which is why I posted in the "Intake off Ebay" post.
No, we don't know of anyone with an eBay intake. So there's no "user reviews". Maybe as time goes on, but it's pretty much all RRM products on the market at the moment.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Blacksheepdj;4623963]No, we don't know of anyone with an eBay intake. So there's no "user reviews". Maybe as time goes on, but it's pretty much all RRM products on the market at the moment.[/QUOTE

Wasn't sure what you were reffering to until I reread my initial post. I fixed it to read how I meant it.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Well, either way the e-Bay intake SUCKS!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:54 AM

Just got an intake from e-bay. It may be a "copy" -- but it works as advertised. And no, the Check Engine light did not come on.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:32 PM

well i dont know if you guys acctually saw the page for the ebay intake but heres what the guy says about his intake...

"Up for auction is a NEW Short Ram Intake setup for a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer.

This Intake will fit all models of lancer the GTS, ES, and DE! In both Automatic and Manuel Transmissions.

Testing was done and this proves to be the best setup out there... Some claim a FULL second off of your 0-60, with greatly improved throttle responce!!!

Very few of these exist and very few website even make a short ram intake for a 2008!!!

These have CNC machined sensor mounts!

Requires NO modifications to you car!

Easy Installion in less then 20 minutes!

These intakes open the MIVEC motors right up and they sound amazing!

Order in Red, Blue, Silver, and now BLACK!!! Shipped black if not writen in PAYPAL note.

These same intakes sell on some websites for $159 plus shipping, buy here and SAVE!!

Comes with quality air filter and stainless clamp!

Very Limited Quanity So buy while there still here!

Due to exteme high demand of this of these intakes and the color option, these intakes will ship out about a week after purchase date or sooner. Dont worry thought because all orders will be shipped USPS PRIORITY MAIL and will be recieved within 3 days of shipping. USA shiddping is calcuated for you and canada shipping is flat rate of $21"

and ive read some of the feed back people posted and it was all positive no negative. someone even stated that there is no check engine light problem

Last edited by Da Pinoy; Aug 14, 2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

then take a risk. up to you ..
Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

i was asking about this the very first time these ebay itakes showed up and guess what, i bought the RRM intake LOL
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

I would rather support Rob and the RRM team than some rip-off conartist.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

^^agreed.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:14 PM

ive personally sent a message to 4 random guys that bought the intake off EBAY.. all of them responded within a few days and said that the intake work perfectly fine, and sound great.. so i donno where all the hate is coming from? and if you look at the buyer feedback item .. not one negative comment on the intake..

now im not saying RRM is a bad intake for the 08 lancer.. ive read on the forums, and from what everyone says they are a good product.. all im saying is, it sounds like the ebay copy-cat is making a decent product as well..

Quick Reply: Intake off e-bay?