Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Throttle Body service...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body service...

This week I brought my GTS in for an oil change at the dealership and notice something on the service sheet you sign. They had service I was getting done, oil change and something else I noticed was throttle body service. While I waited at the desk I noticed a few other 08 lancer customer service sheets with whatever they were getting done to their car and the same throttle body service thing on it.

Is it possible this is a service bulletin they had posted for 08 lancer with starting problems?

If anyone else goes into their dealership take a good look at the form you sign to see if this is on it as well. Just curious if that's the solution to the problem.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Throttle body service usually refers to cleaning of the throttle body. Why the hell would an 08 lancer need the throttle body cleaned already? Sounds like they are just trying to get money anyway they can.

As far as I know, the only TSB repair for the "starting issue" is the installation of four re-designed relays.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a known issue with the throttle body on 5-speed models, so maybe that was it. Did the sheet mention anything about warranty work?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:44 PM

sorry I should of clarified it more...I didn't pay for anything, infact they didn't even mention to me but it was on the "to do list" basically. I saw this on various 08 lancer work orders they had on the desk.

I was just wondering it was a problem they don't want to mention to us. lol
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTS_666
sorry I should of clarified it more...I didn't pay for anything, infact they didn't even mention to me but it was on the "to do list" basically. I saw this on various 08 lancer work orders they had on the desk.

I was just wondering it was a problem they don't want to mention to us. lol
Nah, they'll mention it if you ask. There's a service bulletin out for '08 Lancer TB's...some are having issues with getting "stuck".
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
Nah, they'll mention it if you ask. There's a service bulletin out for '08 Lancer TB's...some are having issues with getting "stuck".
would that explain why my gears get stuck at times? i have the hardest time sometimes trying to get my car into first and second gear. maybe i should take a drive over to and ask them what the deal is?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaRcO_GTS86
would that explain why my gears get stuck at times? i have the hardest time sometimes trying to get my car into first and second gear. maybe i should take a drive over to and ask them what the deal is?
clicking 1st to 2nd gear? that happens to me sometimes to
Old Jan 22, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigd31388
my cvt goes from drive to 3rd gear by itself sometimes can that be the related? i have to push the stick from drive mode to sport mode 2 times to get back to drive.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just ask the dealership. They damn well need to tell you the truth about what they're doing to your car!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigd31388
no, i have a manual lol. if there was a clicking then we'd have some real problems lol. i mean, i could be stopped at a light in neutral, then try to put it in first, and it just gets stuck and wont go into gear. there's times i have to go through some of the gears first before i can actually put it in first gear
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaRcO_GTS86
no, i have a manual lol. if there was a clicking then we'd have some real problems lol. i mean, i could be stopped at a light in neutral, then try to put it in first, and it just gets stuck and wont go into gear. there's times i have to go through some of the gears first before i can actually put it in first gear
Yes i have manual to. thats a normal thing with standard... sometimes you have to wiggle to get it in reverse. its not just our car.. just have to realize that manual is a totally different type of transmission and reacts and does things way different then automatic. as far as the clicking sometimes when im shifting 1st to 2nd its not smooth sort feels like it clicks in two second...