Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

What are the required speaker/tweeter sizes for an 08 GTS (Non-RF)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the required speaker/tweeter sizes for an 08 GTS (Non-RF)

Hello everyone. Just joined the site and did a bit of browsing but have been unable to find these answers. I'm looking to put in some aftermarket speakers/tweeters (And will work on some subs/amps later on). I was just wanting to know what the exact specs would have to be for these. If anyone has upgraded and can recommend some stuff that wouldn't require any modification to the door/etc for the speakers to fit that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm already loving this car and I can't wait to get some mods/upgrades and have fun.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

well first off, you WILL have to modify (cut) part of the door to fit an aftermarket speaker. It's hard to explain but if you take the door panel off and remove the speaker, you will see what im talking about. also, the stock speakers are about 1" deep, including magnet so you will need spacers in the front (the rear window doesnt drop far enough to affect the rear speaker). I used i think 1/2" spacers and the magnet barely clears the window when its down. you can use the stock tweeter mount for aftermarkets and just modify the plastic part that holds it in a little.

good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:16 AM

Before I get into taking the doors apart and everything, would you know if there are some pictures that would show what you are talking about? That way I have a basis on what needs to be done.

Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:27 AM

hey this might be of help for you

http://www.lancertuners.com/forums/v...p?f=119&t=3031
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:38 AM

Thanks. So those things that hold the stock speakers can be used again. Would I still need any additional spacing to clear the window? (Sorry I like to get all my information)
hehe
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

i can not get to that link he sent, so idk what that is, but here are metal "clips" that the spaker holds onto. you have to actually turn the speaker to remove and those clips need to be cut.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:02 PM

I have the ES so my lancer didnt come with tweeters. BUT yesterday i went and bought some Pioneer tweeters. the wires for it to run to the speakers were already there (right behind the grill). i just used a splice connector to hook them up. i didnt want to do anything UNreversable so i just double sided taped them behind the factory tweeter grills. sounds ok....but dont expect alot if your not running a crossover and amp to it.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnal Ryda
I have the ES so my lancer didnt come with tweeters. BUT yesterday i went and bought some Pioneer tweeters. the wires for it to run to the speakers were already there (right behind the grill). i just used a splice connector to hook them up. i didnt want to do anything UNreversable so i just double sided taped them behind the factory tweeter grills. sounds ok....but dont expect alot if your not running a crossover and amp to it.
Hello! First time on the forum but this is what I was looking for, I too wired a pair of tweeters to my 08 Lancer se that I got from my 2000 eclipse, it sounded a lot more crisp giving it more of a surround type sound, but 2 days later my driver side panel the speaker and tweeter just fart then later on the day they sounded great, day later start my car up and more farting, turn key off start back up sounds great. Need answers help!