Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Is there a USB plug in on the Navigation in the Lancer GTS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a USB plug in on the Navigation in the Lancer GTS?

I have a 2008 lancer gts with the sun and sound package and i have the nav system with the rca plugs below but i want to know if there is a USB plug in somewhere in the back or anything to plug my ipod in and control it from the system itself. Thanks

oh and im getting a new stock mirror tomorrow and i need to know how to install it. its the driver side one. does anyone have a link for a tutorial or something along those lines. thanks everyone
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by snorm1214
I have a 2008 lancer gts with the sun and sound package and i have the nav system with the rca plugs below but i want to know if there is a USB plug in somewhere in the back or anything to plug my ipod in and control it from the system itself. Thanks

oh and im getting a new stock mirror tomorrow and i need to know how to install it. its the driver side one. does anyone have a link for a tutorial or something along those lines. thanks everyone
Nope, other than the composite (aka RCA) cable jacks that you have, there's no USB spot in the '08/'09 (I've got the same setup on my '09). Not sure about '10/'11.

You can however buy a composite connector that ends in a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other side, I got mine online for like $3 about two years ago. Check out monoprice.com and see if they have it in stock. I think I got it from them.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:16 PM

i have a cable that plugs into the rca cords that has the jack for my ipod at the end but it runs the battery and i really wanna control my ipod from the nav screen so i can just hide my ipod somewhere and not have to worry about charging it. i havent pulled out my nav set yet to see whats on the back side but hopefully something where a connector and be hooked up.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by snorm1214
i have a cable that plugs into the rca cords that has the jack for my ipod at the end but it runs the battery and i really wanna control my ipod from the nav screen so i can just hide my ipod somewhere and not have to worry about charging it. i havent pulled out my nav set yet to see whats on the back side but hopefully something where a connector and be hooked up.
Yeah, that would be ideal, but unfortunately you won't be able to have any of that functionality from the stock system. I know of someone who installed an iPod dock in the small indent (I guess it's for loose change or something) between the shifter and the cup holders who had spliced the wires with his electrical system, but you won't be able to control your iPod with the nav screen even with that setup, and unless you know a lot about electrical systems, but it's probably not a good idea to embark on anything like that as you run the risk of voiding the warranty.

My idea would be just to install all your music onto the HDD in the car and not worry about it, that way you can control your music with the nav screen, even if you aren't controlling the iPod.
Maybe someone else has a better suggestion...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:30 PM

thats were i keep my ipod now but without a dock, i wouldnt wanna start splicing wires since im still under my warranty. thats pretty risky. but yea the guy who had the car before me put music on the hdd but i have no idea on how to delete his music and how to get mine on there, i have A LOT of music so im not sure how im gonna deal with that but any help on how to delete his stuff and how to get my music from my ipod to the hdd? thanks again, im glad i joined this site over the other ones, haha