Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

2011 Lancer GTS head unit question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lancer GTS head unit question

Hey guys I have a 2011 Lancer GTS with the factory head unit and I was wondering if i'll run into any problems trying to install this:

" http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-...&skuId=7501193 "

if I will run into any problems using this deck, can you guys recommend me a nice touchscreen deck that I can get financed @bestbuy? Thanks for the support!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:18 AM

Can you try and ask a tech at Bestbuy to ensure it's a good fit?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 06:50 PM

Check Crutchfield out. They will show you what deck you need and they give you everything needed to install it. (dash kit, wiring harness, instructions.)

I would recommend getting the JDM EvoX dash kit. It fits a double DIN and has the cleanest factory OEM finish.
The Scosche dash kit was nice, but after a while I got sick of it and went JDM. I'm wayy more please with it's appearance.

Also, if you have the factory Rockford system, you'll need a special module to bypass the amp.

Last edited by elocinX671; Oct 22, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by elocinX671
Check Crutchfield out. They will show you what deck you need and they give you everything needed to install it. (dash kit, wiring harness, instructions.)

I would recommend getting the JDM EvoX dash kit. It fits a double DIN and has the cleanest factory OEM finish.
The Scosche dash kit was nice, but after a while I got sick of it and went JDM. I'm wayy more please with it's appearance.

Also, if you have the factory Rockford system, you'll need a special module to bypass the amp.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I also don't want to create duplicate threads!

Does the JDM EvoX work for the GTS models, then? Since Japanparts.com doesn't list any 2009 GTS options, I'm at a loss as to which Double DIN parts to be looking for.

Could anyone tell me more about needing to bypass the amp in the Rockford sound system? What "special module"?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:24 PM

i just went through the exact situation. to answer both your questions, it all should be the same if your in the same generation. the hick up is if you have the rockford fosgate factory setup. if you do and both evo and gts like mine came with a "sun and sound package" which came with with a factory 10" sub and amp with the head unit. if either of you have this, you will need a digital harness part # mito-02 cheapest i found it was 100 bucks on amazon. you can manually wire everything without the harness but it requires alot of crosovers and jumpers because the amp has alot tied into it besides the audio. if you do manually wire it you will ned to replace all your door speakers because factory runs 2 ohm and a ordinary aftermarket amp will blow them and youll have a hard time finding a spot to wire the tweeters unless you tie into the door wires. long story short.... if you have the rockforad fosgate factory setup, get the harness and plug and play. if you dont have the package you lucked out and only need the standard harness which i also found one with harness and dashkit with optional double slot for 30 and some change on amazon. i found this out the hard way and dont need the standard harness so if one of you need it let me know and ill let it go for 10 bucks and shipping or something...

hope this helped