Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

discuss the differences and advantages between 4G94 and 4G93.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bahamut
As for dyno, we know it's under 100 whp. We also know its not cost effective to be laughed at dyno place.

G93 redline = 6500 rpm . . . 6750 fuel cut. . . Few of us have confirmed it firsthand.

AQ,
How the hell did you bonked your engine rpm that high? DIM (manual) hit that mark long before I had done it on my car . . . for me (twice on auto while turning and going uphill and once punching the throttle in low 2nd gear), the motor hit the wall stumbling to get into the next gear, no matter my fuel trim.

Hitting 20 psi during your initial turbo spike doesn't count either while running through the gears.

"the MAS are different. there is a difference in plug connectors, but the actual opening isn't much different. not swappable, but they do have their respective swaps from other mitsus."

How can the plug connector be different? It's not cost effective for Mitsu to do so. The G93 has 7 pin wire connectors for OBD2 standards and can use any modern G64 and NA G72 MAF.

"The 97 Has a bigger MAS than the 98+ (making the upgrade to a 2G Eclipse / 3000 GT MAS that much easier)."

2nd gen DSM.

It has to be 3KGT VR4. The regular 3KGT = 3L NA 6 banger.

"will raise fuel cut off?"
No. Fuel cut is factory programmed into the ECU.

As for IM principles, the G94 was designed for TQ while the G93 was designed for decent TQ w/ higher rpm limit. Just like the G92 can spin in the 8K rpm w/o MIVEC (many version of this motor, including straight DOHC). Does it have TQ, nope.

GREAT 411..
Old Jan 1, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bahamut
AQ,
How the hell did you bonked your engine rpm that high? DIM (manual) hit that mark long before I had done it on my car . . . for me (twice on auto while turning and going uphill and once punching the throttle in low 2nd gear), the motor hit the wall stumbling to get into the next gear, no matter my fuel trim.

Hitting 20 psi during your initial turbo spike doesn't count either while running through the gears.
I was racing an Acura years ago and he kept destroying me, so I bounced it off limiter accidentally. Sounded like the car was about to cry. ZLooked down after the 3rd or so bounce and saw it up near 7K so I came off. Dont know if it was the 97 maps on the ECU or what. Wish I could confirm it again but you know my motor is DOA.