Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Re-wired signal lights =D

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-wired signal lights =D

I just re-wired my signal lights in the front to become foglights in a way. I used a toggle switch which i put near the e-brake. I used a switched 12v connection which i found thanks to you forum guys =D... You also get faster blinkers after doign this since you're cutting the power load from the other signal lights.

Heres the pics....

And yes, i'm missing my grill.. im still waiting for it to come from RRM.. .i'm gettin the carbon fiber grill to match my hood....

Oh yeah... thats a new kit also for those of you who have seen my car on the forums.. its the 5th kit for my car so far and hopefully the last one... i just got it out of the shop 2 days ago.. i'll post pics after my grill comes so it looks complete...
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

looks really good. I like it.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:43 PM

that's pretty cool. reminds me of a Lexus i had seen today. do they actually put out much light
Old Nov 10, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what fog lights bulbs are those, h11 55w piaa?
Old Nov 10, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Is that the Ken kit from Accolade?
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

that looks nice wheres the write up
Old Nov 10, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

thas cool...i like it....ive been dying to have the corners blink and those lights to stay on...a quick how-to would be nice =)
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vietxscapeD
I just re-wired my signal lights in the front to become foglights in a way. I used a toggle switch which i put near the e-brake. I used a switched 12v connection which i found thanks to you forum guys =D... You also get faster blinkers after doign this since you're cutting the power load from the other signal lights.

Heres the pics....

And yes, i'm missing my grill.. im still waiting for it to come from RRM.. .i'm gettin the carbon fiber grill to match my hood....

Oh yeah... thats a new kit also for those of you who have seen my car on the forums.. its the 5th kit for my car so far and hopefully the last one... i just got it out of the shop 2 days ago.. i'll post pics after my grill comes so it looks complete...
looks good...like how i did it to my ride 3 years ago...ill try to post some pics
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Old Set Up...

New Set Up...

ppl really think it is an IS...its like daytime running lights...
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Dang that takes some work with wiring. To this day my Cedia wiring is not to my satisfaction. Anyways...that's a really awesome idea. It's like JDM lighting that you can switch on/off.

Hmmm...this will be a really awesome feature on the JDM Cedia Lights...it's be hotter if I can keep them on with my low beams...hmm.

What bulbs are those?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i'm using piaa bulbs i bought long time ago... i think if u went with stock bulbs they'd just burn out.. they're not made to stay on for too long i think... I didnt think to do a write up only because its actually really simple to do. All i did was take the signal bulbs out... cut the positive wire and hooked them up to a switched 12v connection. Use a 12v switched connection because that way if u turn off ur car, it'll kill the power tothe lights as well. If u connect it to the battery then u could leave ur lights on on accidnet and drain ur battery. The wire that i tapped into for the 12v connection was the cigarette lighter. If you take apart the middle glove compartment ( the housing that goes over the e-brake(where i put the switch)), you'll see the plug for the cigarette lighter. Tap into the red wire(which is power) and you're done. I guess if enough peopel want pictures and thorough write up i'd be happy to do so when i install my HID kit.

oh yeah.. and that's not the kens kit from accolade... its the RRM Front K2 bumper.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

dont mean to ***** myself i wired my cedias for daytime lights as well last spring. Give the car a super mean European look. i took them out for now cuz i wired up my 8000K hids.. but they're going back in 2morrow along with fog light projectors on the bottom.

if you want a true heavy yellow..... invest in noyka Yellow ion's (get them on ebay)

if you want a light yellow... invest in Mtec Yellow ion (also on ebay)

i like the Nokya's the best.. they look so sick in the daytime... and they last long

i'll take pics when i pop them back in with my Hids! this is a tight lighting mod wether OEM or cedia

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Nov 11, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

you guys got some clean cars.. and thats defenitely nice to see... lovin the foglights idea.. i have yellow bulbs for my headlights and park lights.. now i might do this too.. haha
Old Nov 11, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Def wanna see a write up on this one, i have an aftermarket harness in there for my fogs and i could def just tap into that and run it to those lights, im just not sure how to do that and keep the signals functioning. Also what side marker bulbs are you using ? those look really blue/white, i like them . . or is it just the camera making them look like that ?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

are u talking about my sidemarker bulbs?? if so, they're the hyper white from PIAA.... i had yellow headlight bulbs.. til i got pulled over 3 TIMES IN ONE NIGHT while tryin to drive home... got pulled over by 3 different counties haha... fremont, milptas, and then san jose... it was great... they all pulled me over and said... "you know ur headlights are yellow right?" and i said yup.. and they said.. well tahts illegal... heres a fixing ticket...

Quick Reply: Re-wired signal lights =D