Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Calling all painters... help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Calling all painters... help

I know the whole rundown on how to paint... the sanding the primer the painting the clear coating... none of that is a problem so enough said on that...

Heres what i really need.

Pics and ideas

I have a White 05 ES decked in blue neons and other various awsome lights... check the pics link in my sig.

I want to go with something a bit wild. if i was looking for "mild and low key" ide buy a oldsmobile.

Thanks for any and all help
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Are you going to repaint the car as it is, or do you plan on adding a body kit, or other misc. exterior mods? Because it looks like your car's pretty much stock on the outside right now, and it's kind of pointless to paint it until you get whatever other exterior parts are going to need to be painted. And if you plan on painting the car as is, and never doing any more to the exterior, you might as well not even bother because it will look weird seeing a custom colored car with no other exterior mods. But hey, it's your ride and you can do what you want. Just my honest opinion.

But if you're going to go all out and get a kit, custom paint and all that stuff, that's awesome. There are very few lancers out there that have the whole package. As for the color, I'm partial to Lamborghini Orange Mica

Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

no no... going with a body kit... absolutely... i think the lancer is an awkward looking car... has the right upper body... but needs that lower flair to really look mean... i am keeping it white.. i like a fresh clean white car... so i was thinking white on the inside.. but ya never know what might look good.. so i came to the forums for suggestions... im open to any and all

and if i owned a lambo.. ide paint it orange mica... and then ide drive it really fast.. pick up chicks.. and **** off my woman... but hell... ide own a lambo.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO, white rarely looks good on the inside of a car.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

if its professionally done and in certain spots it can look good....but i did white in the dumbest spots on my first white car...and it looked like crap.....
Old Aug 11, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Since you already have the blue neon lights in the interior, I think painting the front of the car some kind of light blue and then having it fade or ribbon off towards the rear, keeping the rear white, something like that. If your really talented with a spray gun then you can pull it off.