Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

my 05 lancer build up

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 05 lancer build up

so these are the changes that have been made to my car since i bought it. when i first got it, it was stock and i wanted a wing sooo i got one.

then i wanted an exhaust so i got that installed for a good price.

next came the rims which were a must so i got these (kobe Z-10 gunmetal) from a friend for $400 (rims+tires)

so after i got the essentials down...for me anyways i decided to get a hood that matched my rims and wing so here it is!

after this i was pretty satisfied with the look and sound of the car...of course like everyone i would like a turbo, lip kit/bodykit, and coilovers but money restricts me from this at least for now, but it is something that i might be able to get in the future. after awhile i wanted a different wing so now i have the evo 8 wing thats going to be installed tomorrow. so here is a pic in its present state but
Thursday that will be changed. ENJOY comments and thoughts are appreciated just dont kill me please im sure many will say go wingless but my mind is set so there's no changing that. and also btw the wing is for sale for $150 + shipping. it is in good condition all it needs is paint. (its never been painted) it has all hardware for mounting

THE CAR AS IS NOW!!!

Last edited by thefire; Sep 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: more pics!!!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice car!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

thank god u got rid of the wing
and is that hood CF or just painted black?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlinK
thank god u got rid of the wing
and is that hood CF or just painted black?
haha when i saw the first pic i was like uh oh lol ... and i was gonna ask the same thing about the hood cus it looks painted but idk
Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

the hood is painted black as the trunk will be too while its in the shop...im just not a big fan of cf id rather have it just a solid color. also the evo wing doesnt look like it has all the parts to put it together when i bought it. maybe its just me but im confused as to how the middle piece stays up between the two sides
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thefire
the hood is painted black as the trunk will be too while its in the shop...im just not a big fan of cf id rather have it just a solid color. also the evo wing doesnt look like it has all the parts to put it together when i bought it. maybe its just me but im confused as to how the middle piece stays up between the two sides
hmm. Dunno about the whole black hood/trunk thing. The whole look to me doesnt make since unless it is in fact CF. But thats just me. Im glad you decided to go with an evo wing. The other one is horrible in my opinion.

The center section of the evo wing has no issues spanning to the posts... its not that far across.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
The center section of the evo wing has no issues spanning to the posts... its not that far across.
oh i know that im just not seeing how it stays up between the two posts like how it doesnt fall down. are there screws that hold it or what?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thank the lord you took that wing off! The Evo wing wasn't put together when you bought it? Not 100% sure on this, but I think there are screws in the middle section that screw into the sides. Or that's how it looks in all the pictures.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how the whole thing would be held together. Screws on each side.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

here is a picture of one of the sides of the wing somebody help me here

Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Did you see the picture I put up there? I think it should just screw together. From the picture you're showing here, it looks like it should just screw together. What do you think you are missing?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

well if the middle piece fits in the slot then how does it screw in?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

when i put mine together, it seemed there were bolts without heads that just required a finger twist tightening?..... I think?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from the looks of it. Its a abs knock off? I have heard that some wings require holes to be drilled for bolts to go in.. My evo VIII wing has a plate that mounts to the holes similiar to what you show... then the wing bolts to the plate.. and then a cover bolts to the wing hiding it all.

but, yes. There are screws that hold the wing in.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 06:28 PM

get a s2000 antenna ASAP, gets rid of the R/C car look

Quick Reply: my 05 lancer build up