Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

RRM V-Lip Note:

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM V-Lip Note:

First off, before I get banned/yelled at/hazed for bashing, let me say this:

The lip is compliments the car nicely at a price that beats the competition for similar products. I've got one, I like it, fitment could have been better but whatever. You get what you pay for.

The note: The screws sent with the kit. They -look- like self tapping screws. They're a horrible fail and are far from. At a closer look (Im kind of wishing I'd snapped a picture of them now) they look more like normal screws that were hastily cut in an attempt to make them look like self tappers.

Okay RRM. The lip costs almost 300 shipped and I know your a vendor here. A box of self tapping screws costs like 4 bucks. You guys either got ripped off or your being cheap. Thankfully my neighbor had some bits on hand, we still got the lip mounted and it looks gorgeous. A -minor- fitment issue beneath the grill that I'll post a picture of at the bottom of this but I'll fix that with some body filler and fiberglass resin.

Good job on the lip though guys.

And the gap/fitment issue.

At the point that picture was taken the double sided tape was still yet to be applied, as we just fitted the lip and took it for a test drive to see if it was even worth having it on in my area, once I've got the supplies though I intend to properly install everything and seal it up. Before anyone says anything about the tape needing to be down for the gap to be gone, it's just smaller with the tape down, not gone. Still noticeable even to the untrained eye, as one of my other neighbors pointed out when we finished.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled

I like it. I think this front lip was developed by Scorpion in Asia though right, so thats a replica? It looks good though..
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:10 PM

^^ correct, it is a replica of the scorpion one
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:19 PM

Yeah, Honestly, because of the fitment alone I think that it's a mold of a mold. It just seems a little off considering the usual quality of RRM's other products.

I'd like to see the Scorpion V-lip in comparison to this one in person though. I've heard the Ebay V-lip has fitment issues as well where it sits extremely short of the wheel well on the driver side.

If only Scorpionkits would answer my emails.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
Account Disabled

This rear lip would look good with that front lip,

Normally we dont sell separately but I think for EvoM customers we can sell separately this rear lip as its in stock.

Well contact me at david@body-kit.com if you want a price with shipping.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

That lip looks absolutely gorgeous. If I had the newer lancer I would buy that asap.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fitment bro. I know how it is trying to pick parts wisely to go on the car only to be let down by one you were excited about.

I do hope they didnt do a replica. Not only would that be shady but half a scam too considering there was no R&D put into the product to justify the price, See where I'm coming from?

Almost (Is) stealing a product design, slapping your badge on it, and say its from "us" hence forth the price. But, I know they'd never do that...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Yes, it is a replica: http://www.scorpionkits.com/album/main.php?cmd=album

The Scorpion V-lip has been out for several months now. Some photos they display on their website are actually members on EvoM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
...speechless

Hmm, why the copy and mark up then? Thats just wrong. Kinda why a lot of other companies are going bankrupt because of copies. You know the situation, We do the R&D you take the same exact design and put your name on it. Kind of like the reason RRM said their products were expensive in the first place; R&D. This design has no R&D...

(On topic) Nice Lip 09 GTS!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

It looks pretty good.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

not to mention RRM charges a flat 90.00 shipping rate no matter where you are in the usa. the lip should cost no more than 60 to ship anywhere (50 to where i am). i am disappointed the lip doesnt fit 100% perfect. i thought the purpose of them replicating the lip (other than the obvious reasons) was to make a better fitting lip...i guess im going to have to wait until aftermarket vendors get a hold of the v-lip and start selling it cheaper...itll happen soon. remember when the led tails came out? they were 525 or so shipped, now they go for as low as 340 and 320 shipped its only a matter of time...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 09:24 PM
Account Disabled

$90.00 shipping seems fair, you figure there is also packing materials and handling.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
This rear lip would look good with that front lip,

Normally we dont sell separately but I think for EvoM customers we can sell separately this rear lip as its in stock.

Well contact me at david@body-kit.com if you want a price with shipping.
how much for that rear lip?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

im not trying to be a dick or **** anyone off but if you dont like the cost of shipping dont buy it , then theres nothing to ***** about it , you guys have it lucky in the states with rrm and most companies being in the usa , it cost me pretty much 500$ to get the rrm splitter here to toronto when the thing only costs 200 $ , yea having to pay for shipping and customs etc sucks but it is what it is ,

the cost of shipping has to do with the size of the lip and the packing aswell , and i dont think rrm sets the price for shipping its set by ups , someone please correct me if im wrong on that one
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 09GTS
Yeah, Honestly, because of the fitment alone I think that it's a mold of a mold. It just seems a little off considering the usual quality of RRM's other products.

I'd like to see the Scorpion V-lip in comparison to this one in person though. I've heard the Ebay V-lip has fitment issues as well where it sits extremely short of the wheel well on the driver side.

If only Scorpionkits would answer my emails.
from what i have seen in your pics and from what i have seen in person of the scorpion lip the rrm one fits better so your one step ahead of the other lip , the scorpion one i seen had huge gaps between the gts from lips , im talking looking from a front view you can clearly see the piece between the lips wasnt wide enuff

i know when your paying $$ for parts you want it to be perfect but one thing i have learned from aftermarket body parts , the fitment is never 100% , some of the hoods and trunks i have seen on the lancer the gaps are just wrong lol

Quick Reply: RRM V-Lip Note: