Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Repairing me scrapped rims

Old Sep 4, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Repairing me scrapped rims

Well I scuffed rims last month. More about it here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...alk+girlfriend . So I decided to repair all of my rims. You know one had a rock ding in it and the other had the clearcoat peeling off. Well right now im sanding the part im gonna paint which is the outer part of the rim. Taping it all off with these green painters tape to be later painted. Here are some pics so far.... These pics are of the one with the clearcoast peeling off.
Attached Thumbnails Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0002.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0003.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

So I am sanding all the outer rim part many times before i get fine enough to paint. i havent come up to the rim with the most damage ( the one i scuffed). But i got a couple pics after sanding it which i did last weekend and I am about to start again here in a couple mins. Sanding all four rims and taping them will take a while but the rims will look better than ever!!!

Now the first and third pic is of the wheel witht he clearcoat chipping off. I have sanded the whole cleacoat off and just smoothing it all off right now. The second and fourth pic i had a rock dent and i used some bondo to smooth out. Of course im not all this caple of doing a DIY project and have been helped by RyanCB on this one Thanx Bro!!
Attached Thumbnails Repairing me scrapped rims-picture-001.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-picture-002.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-picture-003.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-picture-004.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2004, 08:25 PM
Account Disabled

its coming along..
Old Sep 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

np joe glade 2 help lets just hope my kick pods turn out good when i get done painting them along with your wheels
Old Sep 4, 2004, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

im gonna take mine to a shop around here...i dont think i have the patience and knowlege to do something like that... for the effort and hope all turns out
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

bondo will work? isnt bondo too soft compare to metal such as your rim? and when you sand it wont your rim get smaller? cuz i have some chops from those stupid pot holes on my rims too n i am decide to fix it but i have no idea where to start. hope ur DIY will turn out good by the way
Old Sep 5, 2004, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

bondo and filler putty are strong when dry it will be fine since these are small repairs if it was bigger id say need 2 replace wheel or have the wheel shaved
Old Sep 5, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

This is an update of what I have been up too. Just started sanding my third rim which is the least damaged one with no real damage to it. I havent taped it off yet. But the first two i sanded down and got a coat of primer on today.
Attached Thumbnails Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0015.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0016.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0017.jpg   Repairing me scrapped rims-imag0018.jpg