Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Huge 08 Lancer News!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huge 08 Lancer News!

This is in the Motorsports forum....but it really needs to be here too! I know where I am going for the big upgrades once I burn the warranty out
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=293935

------------------------------------

Goodsport Racing is proud to introduce the newest addition to the fleet, the '08 Lancer to be raced in the 2007 NASA 25 Hour, and World Challenge and Grand Am in '08. The car has just returned from the cage builder, and will be seen shortly on the track at a NASA Norcal Event.

John Pagel of Evil Genius Racing (http://www.evilgeniusracing.com) has gone above and beyond the call of duty to produce a stellar cage for the Lancer. Using 1.75 x 0.095 DOM Tubing, the cage is skillfully tied into the optimal points on the chassis as determined by FEA analysis. We've put in a minimal amount of the tubes to keep weight down, with additional bracing to be added after the '07 season end. John now has the patterns for any '08 Lancer roll cage, so anybody who wants one will get the best deal from Jon, as the hard part has already been done.

Robispec (http://www.robispec.com) will be delivering the top secret suspension shortly. If it is anything like the suspension he put in my Evo, we will be well equipped to take on the very competitive E2 class in the 25 Hour. Once we get the dimensions nailed down within the next month, Robi should be able to offer race-quality coil-over kits for your street Lancers.

Racing Brake (http://www.racingbrake.com) is also coming through with a brake system overhaul, to eventually include Racing Brake calipers, rotors, and pads, which we will integrate with a quality biasing system. The new system should be more than up to the task of handling the 300+ hp this car will eventually see. After running the entire 2007 25 Hour race on one set of Racing Brake ET700 pads on my Evo, you can bet we will be using racing brake pads again. With a choice between the ET700 and the 1600deg. ET900 compounds, we should be able to find a good balance between performance and endurance.

We have four confirmed drivers for the 2007 25 Hour, but one seat is still open for experienced racers. The driving roster will include Ralph Alexander, a 25 Hour Veteran, Robert Fuller, the 'new guy', and myself, David Bongiovanni.

I've included a couple of pics of the cage to really show the quality of John's work. Check out the closeup of the weld, that's how a cage should look. You can track our progress with the Lancer at http://www.goodsportracing.com.

Let's Go Racin'!

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Sep 14, 2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Copied first post to this thread.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy . . . . wow.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:39 AM

See?!? They've got the DE model...and it's gonna be BA...no reason for me to spend the extra money on a GTS...lol j/k

But seriously, thats cool...when's the race supposed to happen and will it be televised? I'd like to see
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will say, it really seems like the folks that care about performance avoid the GTS like the plague.

Thank God I bought mine for comfort and not racing.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:42 AM

Yea, um people avoid the GTS when they want their car specifically for performance. Not because its better... id rather have performance and my sunroof and stereo and body pieces. Looks AND function.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GroundZero
Yea, um people avoid the GTS when they want their car specifically for performance. Not because its better... id rather have performance and my sunroof and stereo and body pieces. Looks AND function.
Well said
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

^X2
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I will say, it really seems like the folks that care about performance avoid the GTS like the plague.

Thank God I bought mine for comfort and not racing.
If people are buying the car to heavily modifiy, then of course the base model is best. The GTS only has an upgraded suspension from a DE, so if you are going to be creating custom coilovers, brakes etc etc for the car anyways, you might as well buy a DE.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerGTS
If people are buying the car to heavily modifiy, then of course the base model is best. The GTS only has an upgraded suspension from a DE, so if you are going to be creating custom coilovers, brakes etc etc for the car anyways, you might as well buy a DE.
Too true
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow. naked.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

ok so now i feel dumb. might as well buy the lowest model since the engine are all the same and mod it with aftermarket bodykit. fffaaakk
Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:32 PM

and price wise is alittle cheaper to get but u still have all the small conforts that u are looking for, i have a ES for the reason that all of then have the same engine and at the track and street ES have a weight advantage over the GTS
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

that thing is gutted! awesome
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

By the time you buy the aftermarket stuff stuff to match the GTS stuff, you have paid probably more. GTS has the strut tower bar, Larger sway bars, larger brake rotors, and 4 wheel disc ABS. By the time you buy all that, you are well over the extra $1200 they charge at the dealership. Seriously people, I only paid 16.5 for my GTS. The ES without a sunroof was 14.8.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
+1,000 ^

Quick Reply: Huge 08 Lancer News!