Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Transmission Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2003, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Kit!!!

i am writing this in hopes that someday a vendor will make a transmission kit for our car. currently the automatic shifts slow and sloppy i am hoping that if rrm or someone would make a kit that i could actually keep up with stock non auto's lol

so anyone who has an auto that woud be willing to spend prob like 2-300 bucks on a transmission kit just reply and hopefully a vendor will realize there is a market for such an item do not relpy if you just think thats its gonna b a good idea vendors only care about what they could actually sell!!!

thanks
alex
Old Oct 18, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

check out this thread for torque converter upgrade, this will essentially make our auto transmissions bullet proof

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=39536
Old Oct 18, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

i was the person that told him about level ten, i already have a torque converter and its useless unless you get the 750 valve body recalibration that level ten offers, gave me prob .5 sec off in the 1/4 a shift kit is where its at, i installed one on a grand prix and it chirped them goin into 2nd and 3rd
sounds awsome to me
Old Oct 18, 2003, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

well in my mind the torque converter upgrade isnt for performance times and all, but mainly to ensure my transmission, you dont need the valve body recalibration to ensure your transmission, your going to tell me that this is useless if you want to boost higher? if so then i want to see you boost higher on your transmission without that upgrade
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

hey you are close however valve body recalibration is usefull however the easiest way to do that is with a recalibration of the electronic shift controller.

Our car is electronically controlled, shift kits are for domestics and older ones at that. Every new car (for the most part) is electronically controller and no longer needs the older style shift kits.

Levelten offers a shift controller upgrade however i am not sure if they offer it for our auto tranny.

I have been looking for a company to do this and am still searching. Look for the electronics over a valve body calibration as they tend to be much cheaper and easier to do.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

level ten only works with auto's lol
n e ways i wasn't sayin that i am dyin to chirp my tires i am diyn to have my tranny not kill my torque!!! i wish my freakin tires would spin as fast as they should lol i know that physically the valve body and torque converter make auto's shift faster then a manuel could dream but the elecrtonics end of it would save me a bunch of money, i don't have 750 bucks to spend on a recalibrated valve body!! its called turbo me right now swan!!! lol

so someone hit me back with an electronic solution that would cost bout 200-300 bucks
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hardcoretuner
level ten only works with auto's lol
n e ways i wasn't sayin that i am dyin to chirp my tires i am diyn to have my tranny not kill my torque!!! i wish my freakin tires would spin as fast as they should lol i know that physically the valve body and torque converter make auto's shift faster then a manuel could dream but the elecrtonics end of it would save me a bunch of money, i don't have 750 bucks to spend on a recalibrated valve body!! its called turbo me right now swan!!! lol

so someone hit me back with an electronic solution that would cost bout 200-300 bucks
i know that levelten only works on auto trannies what i was saying is I am not sure if they make the electronics upgrade for our particular transmission which is the f4a42 but i guess you knew that
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

My friend had a tourqe converter in his Nissan Altima. The thing threw the transmission out of the engine just pulling into a gas station. Pop, pop, bam! Piece of his car laying in the road. He had to get a new car.

Watch out what you are trying to do with your car.