Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

1st Gear Broke in Manual 09 GTS at around 7,00 miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Gear Broke in Manual 09 GTS at around 7,00 miles

Hello,

I have a 09 Manual Lancer GTS

Well this week my lancer gts broke the 1st gear and everytime I try to take of in first the tranny spits out the gear and into neutral.

The car has around 7,000 miles on it I have all recepits of oil changes and I did tire swap at 6k miles.

Took it to dealer and because the guy that protects Mitsubishi's warranty saw pecices of burned rubber at the mudguards they have decided that the car has bean abused by doing burnouts.... and am talking real little peices and not much of it.

The guy practicly said lets void his warranty and all.... but..

Because the owner of dealer is practicly family they will still let me have my warranty but they want me to pay just the part where they put up my tranny and fix the broken peice. In the estimate its a 37 dollar part with labor of 500 just for putting the tranny back up since they say that they wana help me and that the guy from warranty wants to claim that they took down the tranny to detect problem , this part the warranty will cover but the guy from warranty wants me to pay the part where they put it back up again and with the fixed part.

1st of I have had the first gear go of fast and burning some ruber but nothing like holding the emergency brake and just wasting my tires. I have had my fun with my car thats why I bought it. But last time I had my fun 1st gear went bad!

2nd. the tires are fully intact and show no signes of burnout abuse if anything the rear tires are the once that show a bit of wasted rubber but only at the rim side this can only happen by turnning left and right and taking corners.( the rear tires are the once that I swaped at 6k from the front to the back).

3d, Tha car has only a K&N drop in filter and HID lights upgrade nothinge else!!

Anyways I dont know if I should get into more problems or just pay the 500 bucks and move on ? remember the guys from the dealer are real good friends but the warranty guy is something that they cant help me with. But since the owner wants to help me the guy from warranty is trying to help aswell.

So literally just because the car has some burnt rubber on the muddguard my warranty is in danger!. Anyways I am most likly to pay the 500 bucks but I would like to consider peoples opinions on what I should do about my situation.

Any help or sudgestions would be greatly appresiated thanks guys!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to dealer.. round house kick warranty douche bag in the face. have a nice day
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

yeaa thats pretty damn retarted
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

go to another dealer
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:34 AM

Thanks for you feebacks.

I have considered another dealer but that **** all registered with serials. Therefor might just make it worse. Since on my buddies dealer they are actually covering me with the removal of tranny and the rest I have to cover.

I am actually considering a loyer te review my situation but not 100% sure and I would like your opinions if it was your car what would you do ?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were the dealer I would tell you the same thing.
Just being honest. Yes I've launched my car too but burned rubber sticking on the mudguards wtf?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MasterAK
If I were the dealer I would tell you the same thing.
Just being honest. Yes I've launched my car too but burned rubber sticking on the mudguards wtf?
I am a bit confused you would be telling your client wtf on burned rubber in the muddguards ?

Either way just looking for opinions on what would you do if you where me.