Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Bolt on evo 8 rear kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll tell ya right now there is zero market for what your talking about doing.

Basically if you have the time money and resources to complete such a project, you can afford a evo in some way shap or form. When you compare a evo to such a project, 9 times or 10 times out of 10 people will pick the evo.

If the evo was legal for import when I started mine I would of picked up one in a heartbeat.

I've read what your talking about and it is no where easy or cheap as you make it seem. I actually lol'd at your $650 figure. also you mention a 2g diff.. then go on to mention custom axles last I checked DSS custom axles were around $800 per pair.. not exactly economically budget friendly.
also is not even like everyone is doing the 4g64 swap or 4g63 swap.. heck I'd bet not even a third of the community is turbo'd

you also have to factor
$1000 transmission
$1500 t case
clutch?
shift linkage?
axles?
front hubs/spindles?

then $$$ engine or turbo or whatever you want to do engine wise because there is no way your awding a stock 4g69 lol

again maybe cost $5000 grand ish maybe more maybe a bit less.. I don't know.. I do know regardless that money could be used as a decent downpayment on a evo..

Also your talking about doing a evo rear end.. no way you can make this bolt in.. your changing suspension geometry and the rest.. there is only one guy who attempted and I believe somewhat completed a whole evo rear end and that was user Mark something.. again took him quite a while and nowhere near a weekend job lol.

check out the show and shine forum, there was a user about a year ago with big ambitions like yourself... swap this swap that.. awd blah blah blah.. featheaic or something was his username.. talked about a v8 lancer then a mitsu 3000 drivetrain swap or something.. cut apart and ruined 2 perfectly fine cars and at the end scrapped everything...

The last advice I have is for a project like this, do it for you, not for someone else in hopes of profit because even if you sold say 2, its still hardly worth the time and effort to engineer.

Last edited by turbotime; Apr 25, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

I don't have to factor any of that stuff in. I would just be selling the rear end bolt in kit. Once again as I said before the weekend job is not what I expect it will take for people to install this set up. I was laying out a timeline for how I / me / not any one of you have to by any set in stone contract plan to go about this. The rest is for someone else to determine the value / cost of their project and budget.when references to the 2g rear were made I was talking about what I might do for my own self ( my own project ) if I didn't go the trying to make the kit route. But as I said before I will be making this setup for the evo 8 rear end for myself see how it works out then test the waters to see if anyone would be interested. How am I or you to judge what parts people already have or do not. Someone could have a rolled over evo 8 and a blown up engine lancer.Yea the only cutting will be when the body shop cuts to install evo 8 rear fenders and possibly old lancer rear subframe thats spot welded.

Last edited by 3grst01; Apr 26, 2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:46 AM
Account Disabled

if your not factoring all of the other essential parts in, your business plan is flawed... why would anyone buy your bolt in kit if they didn't have already or have to purchase all of the essential parts to COMPLETE the build? what i'm trying to point out is even if your bolt in kit cost $100.. the other parts required to complete the build may be in excess of $5000-$10 000.. Also anyone who has a rolled evo would swap the parts into another evo shell, not the lancer platform. you have that 1 person out of 10 000 who might do that but great so you wasted all that effort and time to sell one kit?

honestly man I'm not trying to tell you what to do, heck build it and sell thousands to many lancer guys but I'm speaking from experience.. experience which is telling me your wasting your time with this bolt in kit idea.
Old May 4, 2011, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotime
if your not factoring all of the other essential parts in, your business plan is flawed... why would anyone buy your bolt in kit if they didn't have already or have to purchase all of the essential parts to COMPLETE the build? what i'm trying to point out is even if your bolt in kit cost $100.. the other parts required to complete the build may be in excess of $5000-$10 000.. Also anyone who has a rolled evo would swap the parts into another evo shell, not the lancer platform. you have that 1 person out of 10 000 who might do that but great so you wasted all that effort and time to sell one kit?

honestly man I'm not trying to tell you what to do, heck build it and sell thousands to many lancer guys but I'm speaking from experience.. experience which is telling me your wasting your time with this bolt in kit idea.
I lold at your sig Not because I think your hypocritical or anything but because it said oz rally and evo exterior in the same sentence which is similar to the topic in question but yours is way more practical for the money. Just cause im a body kit warrior (until finances suggest otherwise) how hard was the front conversion?

Back on topic I'd agree with Turbotime and as awesome as it might be, its just not worth the money. Like I said earlier I'd still like to see it though
Old May 5, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I don't have to calculate or even try to evaluate or speculate anyones current finances previously purchased parts or even parts acquired for free. I do agree that if I were a buyer I might recommend taking the points mentioned into consideration but I Don't Have To . Do people selling stock injectors make sure you have the correct flowing turbo for those injectors ? If so I have failed to see examples. I'm still undecided if I am going to just get an evo shell or go the lancer route to make a kit though so this idea could quite possibly wind up being an epic fail quite soon anyway lol.
Old May 10, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if u wanna know how diff it was to do what you are planing ask markoj..
Old May 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Confirmed Epic Fail . Just purchased my evo rolling chassis yesterday / today