Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Slave Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Slave Cylinder

Ok im having a little trouble with my 2003 Mits Lancer Oz, standard. Well my clutch has been going out i think. I push the clucth in and nothing its soo loose and i cant put it in gear. Its like when you have no fluid in the resviour, and the clutch has no pressure. It does come back after a little bit of me pumping it and i can drive again. This last time I was in a parking garage and it would not come back for 20min and I had to get home.

I called my father in law and he asked if i can put it in gear while the car is off. I can do that I siad. He siad start the car while its in gear and it will jump the car FWD and u will have enough speed to drive and just shift without the clutch. Well that was fine and all I made it all the way home it was about 10mile drive. I have 3 stop lights so I had to turn my car off while I was stopped and start out again like I had to befor in the prking garage.

Now I get home and I look on-line to see what it was and it says to look at the slave cylinder and see if i can tell if there is warping or fluid around it. I went outside I have no fluid left in my resviour and some has been leaking from the cylinder. I look under my car and there is a big pool of brake fluid and a line of leaking fluid 20 feet behind my car leaking from bell housing.

Now did I just royally F'ed up my transmission?
How much is the slave cylinder from the dealership?? 21$ I think?
What eles do I need to replace?

Thx Kudos to me for being a moron!!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you find out... let me know what the final price tag is. I have similar issues with mine, but you can add tranny seals, torn bearing and oil soaked clutch to my list
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well my father-in-law went to the dealership today on his way home from work and bought it. It was $154.78 W/tax and its not just the Slave Cylinder. Its connected to the TOB (Throw-Out-Bearing) so its an all in one install. So you will have to drop the tranny. The Part # is MN168395 incase anyone want to search for it eleswhere besides the dealership. And the correct name of it is "Cylinder Assy, Clutch Release"

I remeber a few years ago my TOB started to rattle and make noise and I knew I needed to get a new one soon. Neglecting todo so. It then started makeing a alsmot scraping noise and stopped rattleing a month ago. Then it started with no pressure to the clutch peddle just a week ago. So if these things start to happen to YOU then know waht your in for.

I just hope that will fix it and nothing eles is wroung. I will be installing it this Saterday. I will include Pictures!!!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biggwill91183
I remeber a few years ago my TOB started to rattle and make noise and I knew I needed to get a new one soon. Neglecting todo so. It then started makeing a alsmot scraping noise and stopped rattleing a month ago. Then it started with no pressure to the clutch peddle just a week ago. So if these things start to happen to YOU then know waht your in for.
That's pretty much exacly what happened to me. Except I changed the tranny fuild hoping it would help and overfilled.

Thanks for the info. Actually, now I know it won't cost as much as I thaught to repair