Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

'08 Computer not remebering settings?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Computer not remebering settings?

Hey Guys,

On the '08 lancer ES (but they should be the same on every model), the computer between the tach and speedo has a settings area, I go in and change my settings so I can track my fuel usage easier for work. If I shut off the car and turn it back on everything is remembered, if I shut if off and go to bed, when I come out the next morning just the setting to manually reset the MPG is reset to auto and set to zero, I want it to stay on manual so I can track the entire tank of gas.

Now I remember somewhere in the user manual that the onboard computer resets certain parameters after 4 hours of being turned off but I think that settings should be one of the things that are remembered! I set the auto L/100KM thing to manual so I can reset it everytime I get a new tank of gas.

Anyone have any experience with this? :canadaflag:
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:03 AM

Computer

Hi there, I actually had the same question... however I am wondering how to get into the settings menu to change it from auto to manual...... I see your post said you were at least able to change it from the manual to auto but it just didn't stay there.. I was going to look through the manual again but since you have changed it I thought I would just ask you... Thanks...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

if you go into the settings when you are over top of the menu item you want to change you just hold the info button for 2 seconds and it will change itself to the next setting