Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

windshield sprayer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windshield sprayer

has anyone noticed that the windshield sprayer (the two things ont he hood) aims too low when it sprays? (or maybe it's just me).

whenever i use it, it only spread halfway up my windshield, which is fine because the wiper takes the fluid across the whole windshield. HOWEVER, the spray leaves a distinct mark on the hood. now i hope the chemical wont corrode the paint, but i certainly dont want a mark there.

anybody has the same problem? is this a common defect to all 08 lancers? i want to adjust my sprayer angle if i can.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's not a defect. It's just a matter of you not liking what chose to do.

I don't know of any way to adjust it, though. Sorry.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:58 AM

IMHO, the washer fluid contains tiny amt only alcohol.. it should be fine

and ya... i wish our sprayer is shooting water column instead of spreading it out.... the mist will be blow away when driving
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

did anybody else notice that the car doesnt give u any warning when the windshield washer fluid is getting empty??? i was driving on the highway in the storm without any and it wasnt funny...
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

so the sprayer is spreading on the hood; that's normal? damnnn....
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jappaswat
has anyone noticed that the windshield sprayer (the two things ont he hood) aims too low when it sprays? (or maybe it's just me).

whenever i use it, it only spread halfway up my windshield, which is fine because the wiper takes the fluid across the whole windshield. HOWEVER, the spray leaves a distinct mark on the hood. now i hope the chemical wont corrode the paint, but i certainly dont want a mark there.

anybody has the same problem? is this a common defect to all 08 lancers? i want to adjust my sprayer angle if i can.
drive faster, lol makes the water run up the window, then you time your wind wipe just right and presto
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

On my previous car, I readjusted the angle by finding a small needle, and VERY carefully inserting it into the nozzle, then used it to lever the nozzle into a new position. I don't know if it works on the Lancer (I'm too scared to try).
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

I just had to refill the fluid and I didn't get a warning that it was low. It just wouldn't spray anymore. That's kind of annoying.

The sprayers are also pretty annoying with their angle. I've actually found that I don't get a good spray at all when I'm going even moderate speeds. The spray seems to go even lower. I often just wait till I'm at a standstill or crawling to hit it. If I have to use it at higher speeds I have to spray longer than I would at a standstill.

I was thinking if there was a good way to adjust the angle it'd be much better, especially at speed, but I don't want to try it myself and screw it up even more. I needs me a clean windshield.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

So does the fluid still "spill" out of the sprayers randomly like on my '03? Like after hard braking or after hitting reverse? I dislike seeing the orange Rain-X fluid all over my silver hood!!!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
So does the fluid still "spill" out of the sprayers randomly like on my '03? Like after hard braking or after hitting reverse? I dislike seeing the orange Rain-X fluid all over my silver hood!!!
LOL that sux sh*t my friend. sounds like an old man whose having *urinal issues. at least they can cover it up w/ daiper

(sorry if i offended anyone).
Old Dec 18, 2007, 03:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alex_GTS
did anybody else notice that the car doesnt give u any warning when the windshield washer fluid is getting empty??? i was driving on the highway in the storm without any and it wasnt funny...
I have now owned 6 cars. None of them offered this option. Did you come from a Cadillac to the Lancer (I'm not joking)?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

so i was bored and was reading my manual... and it says not to run ur fluids low b/c it will eff up ur pump sooo i suggest u check it often if u use it alot..
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it sounds like penal leakage! LOL
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

My family had an '02 Passat 1.8 (re: not loaded version) that alerted you when washer fluid was low. Ha, it was actually kinda annoying because it would be just like the TPMS or Ice Warning going off in the Lancer. If I remember correctly our Ford trucks might've just had a light that went on (not 100% sure on that, though). I'm pretty sure it's not just a luxury thing.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Well ****.. my Audi doesn't warn me of low fluids... are you sure? I have never in my life owned nor driven a car that has a warning of low fluids... and that includes my dad who has a bigger wallet than me

I haven't seen the 08 nozzle, if it's the flat spray, you can't adjust it. If it's the classic two streamers, yes you can just use a paperclip and re-adjust them.

As for the leakage... it does sound like some kind of urinary problem.. haha My Evo doesn't do it. Although in the summer heat, the water from the nozzles tend to "stain" my hood. Takes some good wiping and waxing next car wash to get it to disappear.

Quick Reply: windshield sprayer