Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Official TSB on 2008 Lancer's no-start problem

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would u mind emailing them to me plz? might as well show the dealer both. email is unknown11@hotmail.com
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

i didnt read anything about this being a problem for the 5 speed. 2 of the 4 parts taht need to be replaced are something to do with CVT...

Did i miss something or is this just an official thing for the CVT?

Cause my 5 speed has had trouble starting a few times too. Mainly in really cold weather (about -25C or colder) but also once in moderate weather (about 8C)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by stefan.bounket
i didnt read anything about this being a problem for the 5 speed. 2 of the 4 parts taht need to be replaced are something to do with CVT...

Did i miss something or is this just an official thing for the CVT?

Cause my 5 speed has had trouble starting a few times too. Mainly in really cold weather (about -25C or colder) but also once in moderate weather (about 8C)
Mine's a 5-speed and I had to get this done.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:32 PM

Went down today to the dealership and told them I was having the problem and there was a TSB out there for it. They didn't know about it but luckily the guy came back a few min later with the TSB from their service computer.

Props for you guys finding this TSB and making it easy for us to recognize the problem and get the dealers in on this. Taking mine in on Monday to get this taken care of.

Yeah, if anyone else is having the problem...look at those
locations on this TSB pic with the arrows (http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/ind...t&id=5503) and if you've got all black ones and not the new green relays...you probably should take it in and get the new ones.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

fascinating... anyone know where we can find the build/commission date of our vehicles? is it on one of the plates in the driver's door sill?

I'm curious because I had a 'no start' condition once... but I chalked it up to the possibility of one of the other keys touching my ignition key, because when I pulled the key out and put it back in the car started right up. I wanna make sure the TSB doesn't apply to my car before I start heading to the service dept...

Last edited by nunyas; Feb 13, 2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
fascinating... anyone know where we can find the build/commission date of our vehicles? is it on one of the plates in the driver's door sill?
Should be, yeah. If not, check the stickers under the hood. It's in there somewhere...
Old Mar 3, 2008, 08:11 PM

Just Ordered

I just ordered my 4 relays and even an antenna booster. The dealer was very cool with that and told me that he would do it all at the same time.

Might be bogus but at least i have a really good service
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:45 PM

So. I got this when I washed my BRAND NEW GTS on Sunday....

Has the no start condition ever stranded anyone or does it just have to be attempted a second time and it usually starts up?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

i was going to say that this has never happend to me but this morning my car tried to start for ...idk... about 10 seconds, and i was like wtf? EMBARRASSING! haha but i might check this out and buy some new relays as well... if it happens again
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

why would anyone have to buy the relays? The TSB tells the Mitsubishi service people which ones to replace and it should be covered by warranty. It is, after all, a factory defect...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

=x my bad
Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:02 PM

so i was just wondering has anyone else had the tsb done and still have a no start once in a while? im brining my car in tuesday just would like to make sure im not alone on this one
Old Apr 4, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

i had the tsb done, and its been rainin and real humid here a few times since ive had it done. i havn't had any of the previous problems...not sure if it is a fix from the new relays or just the conditions are not the same. It also has gotten warmer so im not really startin my car in -16C nemore.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:54 AM

Software update vs. relays replaced ?!

I complained to my dealer about my no-start condition, I even showed them the TSB on this, but they said there is a software update needed that should fix the start problem.

I don't see how a software update can prevent moisture and condesation to form inside the relays.

So I had to wait for like 1.5 hours at the dealer for that and an oil change.

It says on the paper they gave me, that they performed TSB SOFTWARE UPDATE #0813004.

Anyone ever heard about this or it's just bogus? All I wanted was those relays to be replaced since it is such a well known problem.

Now I'm waiting for a hot humid day to test it, but I'm almost sure the "software update" was just bogus to save some money on those relays.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:09 AM

Anyone know if this is also an issue for the 09? Planning to get one this month.

Quick Reply: Official TSB on 2008 Lancer's no-start problem