Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

srs and seat sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srs and seat sensor problem

maybe some one can help me with this, i just changed my carpet in the car and after everything was done i noticed that the sensor for the seat that tells it if someone is seating in it stays on all the time. also my srs light is on all the time but thats from when i changed cluster, and i already did the battery thing....thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1lancer
maybe some one can help me with this, i just changed my carpet in the car and after everything was done i noticed that the sensor for the seat that tells it if someone is seating in it stays on all the time. also my srs light is on all the time but thats from when i changed cluster, and i already did the battery thing....thanks in advance.
isn't there a connector under the seat? maybe you forgot to connect it?
Old May 5, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem when I pulled the cluster without disconnecting my battery before doing it. did you forget to disconnect the battery?

These cars are akward, it seems if you dissconnect a SRS connector or component, the SRS light STAYS on after.

Tried to scan it with MEDIC scan tool from mitsu, and no comm. I scanned it with a Snapon Scan tool the snap on guy let me borrow, and it cleared it for me, had Instrument cluster srs lightshort, which it wasent. Cleared and it went away.

So bring it someone to scan it, and just have them clear it. Though, I would also make sure, you reconnected ALL sensors and connectors
Old May 6, 2009, 09:04 AM

thanks guys. as for the connectors under the seat i checked them twice but still no luck it still stays on when no one is seating there... the srs light did come on when i forgot to disconnect the battery, i will try to find someone with the scan tool .thanks again
Old Aug 5, 2014, 05:07 PM

Im having a similar problem. The SRS light is on constantly and the fasten passenger seatbelt light is constantly on. checked my connections but no luck yet
Old Aug 10, 2014, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by odube10
Im having a similar problem. The SRS light is on constantly and the fasten passenger seatbelt light is constantly on. checked my connections but no luck yet
Unplug the connection under the driver seat, see if the light goes out. I haven't had mine plugged in for how many years. No matter if the seat belt is plugged in or not I have no light
Old Aug 10, 2014, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nevermind. You guys are having a different issue. I'd disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. Go over all the connections and reconnect the battery
Old Sep 6, 2014, 09:38 AM

SRS codes do not reset with a battery disconnect and "standard" code readers will not even speak with the SRS system, I've worked with some of the snapon code readers and they will talk and reset SRS, but there should also be a set of pins you can jump/short out to clear the SRS codes.

With this changing of the carpet, did you use any kind of a blade? If so where? check those areas first.