Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Squeaking noise comming from the front after a bump?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Could be a number of things. I would take it to an alignment shop (a good one) Get them to check for any damage, then get it aligned
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by empire4vr
I have an 08 GTS and I have had a "squeaking" noise for well over a year now. Sounds almost like a bird chirping under the hood, but it mainly happens after the engine is warmed up from driving a while (20 min +). I have had the dealership look at it several times with no real diagnosis. The latest trip in they said it was caused by my aftermarket Magnaflow exhaust... which is only axle-back so I don't see that being the issue. They said it was because when they push on the pipe right behind the front passenger tire the noise stops... I am getting pissed that they can't find it and just start blaming the only real aftermarket part on the damn car.

s84kam... is there a sway bar at the front or was it in the rear of the car? Sorry I don't know much about this stuff... lol
I had this problem when i've installed Flowmaster muffler, and the dealer ship is right the problem is with the after market exhaust. I removed the muffler and now no that bird chirping sound.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by DickMorgan
i hit a small curb one time at night when i was looking for my friend....ever since then when the front end dips or raises ( going over a speed bump or on a drain dip) i hear a squeak on the front right tire. I hit the curb pretty hard...does anyone have any ideas what it can be

( i hit curb head on, part of a road tht had a raised portion for some reason)
When / If you go in to check your alignment, get them to check your control arms as well. If your control arms are bad then that can cause the squeak in the front too.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

i know i dont own a newer lancer but i had a loud squeak coming from the rear of my lancer,thought it was the shocks so i replaced both shocks and springs,nothing. still there so while i was under the car i looked at the outside bushings on my control arms and there was rusty looking stuff around them. so instead of messing with the bushings i just replaced both lower control arms,almost same price, now no squeak.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you are hearing the squeak after going straight over a bump, IE) speed bump. Then it is your sway bar bushings. I have just gotten used to it. Unless you find aftermarket poly bushings then the stock rubber ones will always squeak.