Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Factory Alarm immobilizers

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Alarm immobilizers

Hi I have a '03 Lancer ES. The problem im having is almost everytime I try turning the key in the ignition to start the car my battery gets killed and everything goes dead. I have temporarly solved this by unplugging the positive on the battery and putting it back on. After a few tries of doing this I get it to turn on and it does a high unnormal rev. I put in a aftermarket alarm system bout 3 months ago with a autostart. At first I thought it was the new alarm system but when i called the guy that put it in he said it didnt come with a immobilizer and that is was the factory alarm. He suggested unlocking and locking the car with my old remote device and that hasnt really worked so well. Still having the same problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no factory immobilizer nor a factory alarm that I know of on the Lancer.
You get the "unusual high rev" because you disconnect the battery. By doing so, the ECU resets and the high rev is a side effect of the ecu reset.

What happens if you use the remote starter to start your car? Does it work every single time?
When did your problem start happening? Right after the remote starter got installed? Or was it happening before the installation?
Old May 19, 2011, 08:16 PM

I can remote start my car sometimes but not all the time. Basically works as often as it does with starting it with the key. It started happening bout a week and a half ago. My battery in the remote died and i unlocked my car with the actual key and tried turning on my car cause i had to access to anymore batteries at the time. Thats when it first started. Now like I said it happens alot of the time but not all the time. I had no problems with it before the dead battery and me opening the door with my key. Also the alarm did go off when I turned the car on.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by blaze_125
There is no factory immobilizer nor a factory alarm that I know of on the Lancer.
I disagree. Mine has both.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMuhny
I disagree. Mine has both.
It was a dealer option. Not something out of the factory.
Or you're posting in the wrong section. We ain't talking about 2010 Lancers.