Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Display not working

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Display not working

The display in my mitsubishi lancer year 2008 is not working. The display is just above the cd player. Also the cd player buttons and numbs don't seem to be working along with the sound. There is a light sound of music on the right side but keeps coming and going. The cd player does make sounds that it is reading the cd in there that won't eject ( buttons as i said don't work). Any ideas what the problem is or what to do? There is no dealer in my city for any help.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
remove the deck and see if any of the wiring has problems, this can include loose pins in the connectors or loose connectors themselves. If not that, then it sounds like you have a failed head unit...time to shop aftermarket.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check the ribbon cable that runs from the 4-way flasher pannel to the head unit. Mitsu is kinda strange, I've noticed a lot lately that they like to tie a lot of systems that have no relation to each other together.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mitsu actually does this to be productive at the factory... They only have one harness to plug in to control multiple things, thus saving time on the assembly line. It makes our cars more affordable!

Did you check out the wiring? You will need a test pin (probably can find something at an electronics store maybe, but just be careful not to jam something to big into the pins as it will spread them apart and cause more issues.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:00 AM

My headunit partially did what you have there, except that the CD player is non-functioning, and before I decided to go aftermarket it came back to life (AUX and Radio, works for me since i use an iPod anyhow)

Check the wiring that runs from the headunit to the hazards, mine came loose once and caused the display to not work, and sometimes allowed the controls to not work. But then like I mentioned above, the CD player crapped out.

Would go aftermarket or find a used stock unit, if your up for staying OEM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:32 PM

Had same problem and dealer replaced it for free.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by d.stocks
Check the ribbon cable that runs from the 4-way flasher pannel to the head unit. Mitsu is kinda strange, I've noticed a lot lately that they like to tie a lot of systems that have no relation to each other together.
where can i purchase the ribbon