Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Bad transmission help?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad transmission help?

So I have been dealing with what I believe is my transmission going bad for about a year now. Today when driving I feel it has gotten much much worse and I am down to probably a couple of days worth of driving time. I am going to try and layout my symptoms the best I can.

First off: I can rev the engine out of gear to 5-6k with ease and it sounds great, however when i let off the gas and the RPMs drop, it is initially dropping fast, then the RPMs kinda stop at 2K then slowly goes back down to 1k rpms. I don't really see an issue with this though. I have also had the car on a lift, with no load up on the lift i ran it to 5th gear at 90mph and it was smooth as butter lol

ALL THE TIME: I get heavy vibration in the steering wheel, shifter and gas pedal when I am in gear and moving. However if I put the car in neutral when coasting down the highway the car smooths out and there is no vibration, back into gear, vibrations are back. Also this symptom has gotten worse, as in before it used to only vibrate when in 4th or 5th going over 3k RPMs. But now it does it in almost any gear and any RPM.

Gears feel notchy and engagement during shifts could be considered rough.

ONLY SOMETIMES: Car acts like it is slipping, flooring the gas but it isn't getting full power.
Can literally feel the car pull me to the left or right when gassing it, sometimes when I am in a turn and sometimes when just trying to go straight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car makes pretty much no noise at all, besides my exhaust , the ENTIRE front end is practically brand new with under 20k miles. I do drive my car like I stole it everyday which may have greatly reduced the life of my aftermarket parts however and wonder if it could just be an axle or something? but axles make noise when going back correct?

Only codes I am getting are Crank and Cam position sensors which I have had since I swapped in a mirage 4g93 head, system too lean, and "idle higher than expected" as of recently.

About to just go buy a trans and put in a new ISB and do the bottom end of the engine. Thoughts?

Last edited by eusgen; Oct 2, 2014 at 06:04 PM.