Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer owners who want 13-15 whp and 12 ft lb torque for cheap , READ THIS !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer owners who want 13-15 whp and 12 ft lb torque for cheap , READ THIS !

It's not widely known that JET Performance makes an ecu chip for our Lancers. I got mine in January-February and have been happy with the results since day one. Here's how it works:

- you pay me $395 and I ship you a Jet Performance box that you will place your ecu in (very simple process, did mine in like 20 seconds)
- Fill out the papers asking which car you own and engine size and all that. Don't forget to fill out the modifications. If you have a throttle body, intake, exhaust, be sure to put that on the papaer. This is how Jet determines how to adjust you air-fuel ratio and how much to advance your timing.
- wrap the package up and drop it off for shipping back to Jet Performance (the $395 includes next day air as long as Jet recieves the ecu before 1pm) You just have to pay foe shipping to Jet, they will the solder on the new chip that is safely programmed specifically for your car and your mods.

Like I said, I love it and doubt there is any better out there. Jet leads the market on ecu upgrades and knows exactly what to do with yours to give you the best performance for your mods and your car. By the way , the 13-15 whp and 12 ft. lbs. torque is on a stock Lancer. More mods= more whp/ft. lbs. tq.

I will take payment via Paypal or phone in credit card payment to 920-723-1978 from 10am-6pm central standard time.

Any feedback or opinion is welcome.

Thanks !

Dustin

EDIT IN PRICE: Whoa, misquoted by JET. The import upgrades cost more than domestic and I forgot how much I paid for mine !! SORRY !

Last edited by DRC Imports; Aug 18, 2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

if it had a independent dyno id be interested in it as rrms is almost $600
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Who's to say that they can't solder in another chip when you add more mods? I mean, granted I wouldn't want to be overly soldering stuff on my ECU, but you get what I'm saying.

And on top of that, I'm still happier that I have a piggyback that will do this with zero worries of the ECU relearning anything and having more points to play with than the stock ECU has to begin with.

Sounds like a good deal on the chip, though. It weighs in at half the cost of the RRM reflash and if you're that impatient that you can't wait to chip your car until you're done with all your other mods, then you rightly get to pay for more than one.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you but please refrain from posting in sale threads unless it is about the item for sale. I have no interest in other ecus only this one that does "learn" by the way and only improves hp with mods.

03Lancer , please remove another companies name from my sales thread. That is like putting an Aotozone sign at a Pep Boys store.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Aug 18, 2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to see a dyno to prove your claim of :

doubt there is any better out there.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 02:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Ok, I've done a bit of cleaning. For those of you who can't seem to remember, please review the vendor forum rules.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

with engine internal mods, you will have to resend the ecu to JET for optimum performance. If you add a turbo and want more than 6 psi, you will need to retard your timing with a timing retard kit because this JET upgrade advances timing quite a bit but at a tested, safe degree for N/A engines. Any bolt ons will just enhance performance of the JET ecu upgrade. I have inquired to their dyno guy as to whether they have one for the Lancer stock vs. stock w/ JET ecu upgrade.

STAY TUNED!!
Old Aug 18, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

will tune in when i see a dyno sheet
Old Aug 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pickleknock
will tune in when i see a dyno sheet
Until that comes along, I will say that with my bored throttle body, Injen CAI, test pipe and axle back exhaust, I was amazed at the power I got. When I put in the ecu after getting it back from JET , it felt like I was driving a completely different car ! I felt at least 20 whp with my supporting mods. I absolutely love having it and that's why I searched a loooooong time to find a supplier that could supply my demand.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

How will this affect us when we go to dealer for services?

Will it be detectable?

WADAD
Old Aug 18, 2003, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Will JET Performance tuning void my warranty?
No. Federal law prohibits a dealer from voiding your warranty just because you are using aftermarket speed equipment, with only two exceptions: the warranty can be voided if the aftermarket part causes damage or adversely affects the emissions or the emissions system. In recent documents produced by the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association), a trade association-representing specialty automotive parts manufacturers, and the following quotes have been extracted:

"The vehicle manufacturer is not allowed to void the vehicle warranty just because aftermarket equipment is installed on the vehicle. This protection for consumers is the result of a parts self-certification program developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA).

"Under the program, if a parts maker completes the EPA process of self-certifying its parts, the vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty even if the certified part has failed and is directly responsible for the warranty claim. In cases where such a failed aftermarket part is responsible for a warranty claim, the manufacturer must arrange a settlement with the part manufacturer, but the new vehicle warrant is not void under the law.

"If the failure to honor a claim involves the new-vehicle warranty, and it appears that the manufacturer is improperly denying a claim, the incident should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC is responsible for monitoring compliance with the warranty law; the agency's telephone number is 202/326-3128."

Are JET Performance Chips emissions legal?
Yes. All JET Performance Chips and most Performance Modules are 50 state emissions legal. They do not change the emissions at all from the stock tuning chip for any Federal or local emissions test. C.A.R.B. (California Air Resources Board) has issued Executive Order numbers D-234 through D-234-6 covering all JET Performance Power Chips, making JET Performance chips the most complete line of high-performance chips that can legally be sold, installed, and driven in the state of California. Because of C.A.R.B.'s very rigid rules concerning exhaust emissions, the Environmental Protection Agency ( E.P.A. ) accepts C.A.R.B. approval as evidence that an aftermarket part is clean and suitable for use in all other states.

What performance increase can I expect from JET Performance Tuning?
At JET Performance, we carefully dyno and track test every product we sell...in fact, it is these tests that tell us when we have the best possible tuning. Of course, the power gains are different for each engine family. However, power gains range from about 10 Horsepower to over 50 H.P. on supercharged or turbocharged engines, resulting in a 2 to 7 car length improvements in the quarter mile. Zero to 60 M.P.H. improvements are typically about 1/2 second.

What's the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2 Power Tuning?
Stage 1 Tuning is designed for the stock engine with very little modification. It requires the use of 89 or higher octane fuel for best results. The Stage 1 tuning will work in conjunction with other modifications to increase performance (intake upgrades, exhaust upgrades, etc.)

Stage 2 Tuning is designed for the performance enthusiast. Premium fuel is required in order to extract the maximum benefit from the new tuning. Other modifications including, less restrictive exhaust, modified intake, and 180 degree thermostat are recommended prior to using the Stage 2.

If JET Performance Power Tuning is so great, why didn't the factories do it that way?
The factory program is designed for the average driver and is set to take a wide variety of operating conditions and driving styles into consideration. Consequently, stock calibrations aren't set to provide maximum power because they have to accommodate drivers who may use poor quality gasoline. For a real hi-performance person, premium is all they put in their vehicle. At JET Performance, we optimize the spark and fuel curves over the entire RPM band from just off idle right up to the redline for maximum power and performance from the best gasoline.

Can I run regular gasoline?
No. All tuning is designed and calibrated for 91 or higher-octane fuel. In some cases 89 octane may be used

Will Power Tuning hurt my engine in any way?
No. Best power is always made when air/fuel ratio and the spark tuning has been optimized for maximum power, meaning maximum "push" on the piston during each power stroke. Damage occurs if the air/fuel mixture is too lean, meaning that there is not enough fuel for the amount of air in the cylinder. This results in excess super heated air, which can cause burning of valves and pistons and will also induce detonation (which can break pistons, etc.) Relative to spark timing, too much "advance" will cause detonation, which reduces power and can also damage parts exactly as a lean mixture does. When you finish installing JET Performance on your vehicle, your engine will run at maximum efficiency yet safely distanced from possible damage due to leanness or excessive spark advance.

What happens if I have or plan to install other aftermarket equipment?
Custom Programs are available if you have installed headers, intake manifolds, camshafts, large mass air-flow sensors, nitrous oxide systems, or any type supercharger. You absolutely need JET Performance Custom Programs with these modifications for both tremendous power gains over stock tuning, as well as to eliminate the probability of lean air/fuel ratios and excessive spark advance which are death to modified engines. Just call JET Performance and tell us all of your modifications. You do not need a Custom Program for engines that are stock or mildly modified. For example, high-flow air filters, cat back systems, or ram air scoops work perfectly with our Stage 1 or Stage 2 Power Tuning. If you suspect that your modifications would benefit from custom JET Performance tuning, call our customer service department at 800-535-1161 or email at sales@jetchip.com .

How does JET Performance Power Tuning change the way my engine performs?
JET Performance tuning replaces stock computer tuning inside the vehicle computer to give maximum power and torque. The tuning can be delivered in the form of a chip that replaces the stock computer chip, a chip that piggy-backs the stock computer chip, a chip that plugs into the back of the stock computer, or a module that intercepts and modifies the signals from the stock computer with JET Performance Power Tuning. The type of computer in your vehicle dictates the type of device needed. The tuning information is stored in the computer chip which controls all of the engine's characteristics like air/fuel ratio, spark advance, shift firmness, shift points, top speed, rev limit, and axle ratio. Sensors monitor many engine and transmission parameters like RPM, manifold air pressure, mass air flow, coolant temperature, intake air temperature and many more. These sensors send this information to the computer. The computer uses this information delivered from the sensors along with the information stored on the chip to deliver the optimum air/fuel ratio, spark timing, shift firmness, etc. for this set of operating conditions at that instant in time. JET Performance can tune a vehicle for the conditions by using a dynamometer to measure horsepower output while altering the information stored on the chip. This is how JET Performance maximizes your vehicle's power output!

How will JET Performance Power Tuning affect my gas mileage?
JET Performance Power Tuning does not alter your vehicles calibrations in any way that would hurt fuel economy. Fuel economy will remain virtually the same or may even improve (depending upon specific driving patterns) unless the vehicle is driven in a spirited manner (lead foot). For trucks that tow, JET Performance's Power Tuning is generally closer to the better fuel economy than the stock tuning. So in addition to power gains, a vehicle that tows with JET Performance installed will often exhibit better mileage than one with stock tuning.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

You don't want to use less than 91 octane with this ecu. I did once by mistake..... ONCE
car ran like **** !
Old Aug 18, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Good info. You did not make mention of rev limit yet the info does. Has yours changed from stock?

WADAD
Old Aug 18, 2003, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

I honestly don't know ? I know mine goes to 6500+ RPM's
Old Aug 18, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

well that's more than stock....stock is about 6250 or there about...i took it there once or twice, oops