Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

ROAD/RACE Piggy back ECU! New!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2004, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how long till we see a auto piggyback?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Prolly 2 weeks. Need to install one in an auto for testing and install instructions.

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Jan 4, 2004, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

With my new header, I believe I am running a little lean now. Does the ECU piggyback fix your A/F ratio for you automatically? Or do I still need an AFC for that?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

This is a little bit off the topic. I have some Q's for Rock and the RRE crew.

Today, I visted a DSM friend in Orlando who has taught me 80% of all of tuning knowledge, and I have applied them to tune my RIP LS coupe and two 1g DSM (just the basic foundation on the AFC while reading knock count off the pocketlogger). He has mentioned that the pocketlogger (can't remember specifically for the 2g DSM or not) was experimented on OBD2 cars by his friend. This person tested the pocketlogger on the last gen altima, some honda product (can't recall), and the modern GTS celica. Amazingly, the pocketlogger worked!

I was wondering if the pocketlogger will work on the cali spec Lancers. In FL, most modern cars are not cali spec like the lancer. If it works, it's a great tuning tool understanding #'s being read by sensors. Plus, a lancer has a knock sensor.

I know I can gain access to a pocketlogger, but it's for a 1g DSM. OBD 1 standards can't be really applied to OBD 2 standards.

Also, I'm pretty sure you have heard and used the product called DSMLINK. I know amongst the 1g DSM'ers they are pretty much a bit jealous that they can't use this system tayloring for a 2g DSM (unless harness swap). I'm wondering if such system via your out-sourced programmers or contacting the original creators of the program to create a similar program for the G94, which can be tricked down to older engines like the G93, G92 (non-MIVEC), and possibly the G91 (outdated 1.5L). I rather see this as an opportunity to expand marketing base. Once knowing how to hack Mitsu hardcoding to the ECU, it wouldn't be too hard to crack the 4g64 and the 6g72 and its various incarnation.

Also, will DSMLINK work on an Evo? A Few DSM'ers that I have talked to say "they don't see why not." I did counter that Mitsu might have changed their hardcoding to modernize for the time. If it works, it does the job as a reflash and more tuneability comparible to E-manage, getting the best of both worlds.

Last edited by bahamut; Jan 4, 2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 11:24 PM
Former Sponsor

I am familar with datalogger for 1G but pcoket logger stuff and EVO compatible stuff is a question for Mike W at RRE. He is the one who would know all the particular compatible product out there for DSM. For Lancers we use Wideband at least to une along with EGT and new software that can record stuff for our new ECU Piggyback. MIke W is on the these boards or contact him at mike@roadraceengineering.com

ROAD/RACE

Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Holy crap has it been a long time since I have been on these boards!!! My comp went to trash and finally its back. Rob its been about 2 months or so since I received my beautiful turbo setup from you. I love it more and more everyday. Best money I have ever spent on my car. By the way Boe you did a great install because everything on it is still perfect. I just wanted to know if you knew when this new piggyback might be available for the turbo manual lancers? I turn 21 in less than 2 weeks so Im going to tell everyone to get me gift certificates from you U guys are the bomb diggidy and I will put a down payment on the piggyback whenever its available for me. Thanks for everything to everyone at RRM and hope you all had a great holiday season. Talk to yeah soon.

P.S. Burning by cars now is so much fun
Now I just need to get more things for my car.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Rob or BOE whoever wants to answer this one with the fuel cut that I am receiving due to the ecu not reading my positiv numbers do you think that this in reality a direct bolt on / pnp piggy back will fix my issue?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

JV. We need more details. Prolly max out fuel injector. I assume you have AFC right?

ROAD/RACE

Old Jan 6, 2004, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Any chance you guys can dyno a Lancer with this Piggyback ECU when you get around to using the dyno for the Project Drag Lancer? I only ask because I like to see proven dyno results as opposed to claimed numbers. Not saying you guys are lying because you are comparing this to the proven numbers that the ECU reflash provided, just wondering if we're going to see dyno results.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

I absolutely want to and will dyno it. I know it will show what we claim thereabouts. We are just slammed though and it will be a little while before we dyno. We have races to prepare for along with regular business. Also Drag Lancer is has got to be dynoed first.

ROAD/RACE

Old Jan 9, 2004, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

I'm ordering mine today . Too bad I have to wait a few hours because you guys are three hours behind me.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Rob, when is the turbo ver comming out.. I need it Asap.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Turbo version is coming but it is really designed for our setup. We may be able to get you a custom one that you can program but we need to take care of RRM turbo guys first. Stay tuned.

ROAD/RACE

Old Jan 9, 2004, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

sounds good, I need to Pm BOE and tell him whats going on with my car.. also I have a WB02, u want me to take some readings and send them over in an email or something? I think it would probably help alot, it has a built in data logger and i got the spring for the exhaust clamp.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, just ordered mine. Does anyone have one yet and installed it? The first person to install it should do a write up to let everyone else know what they think. Who knows, maybe I'll be the first, but I doubt it.

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE Piggy back ECU! New!!