Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

New Products Availble!! Check out Site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Drive02Lancer
why would u want to get rid of the silencer?? it sounds so cool!!
I think you mean include the silencer.. ?? The device doesn't come with a silencer built on it. Thats what the "filter-thingie" is, which slips over the device. The 'silencer' not only silences the device but it filters the air before going into the device. The device itself has a small filter in it, but cleaning it means removing the device (or just unscrewing it), cleaning the little filter and putting back together. I'd rather just clean the silencer/filter than the internal part. Thats just me lol

price!!

this may not be the best for a turbo, high performance car IMO but should and will work fantastic with the NA Lancer.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

would a regular breather filter fit over that thing?
Old Jan 22, 2004, 02:58 PM
Account Disabled

I'll get pricing up as soon as my invoice comes in. The silencer is sold seperately. I've not use the silencer so I don't really know how much quieter it makes it. As I said, I like the sound, it let's me know it's working.

As some may have been reading, I'm taking a beating on this thing over on the EVO Vendor section. But that's ok. This is America and people have the duty to ask questions. I will answer them to the best of my ability. For us NA guys this thing really works. I'll get prices as soon as I have them.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

CB-26P is in stock as of today. I only ordered a small amount. I have red, blue and gold. I also got 4 silencers 2 blue, 1 red and 1 gold.

Price is $75 for the CB-26P $ 30 for the silencer. These prices are less than retail in the U.K. where the product is made.

Also, CG-Lock is due to ship on Friday. I'll have them Monday or Tuesday. $39.95 ea. Only getting a handful as they are already sold out in pre sales across the country.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

Just been doing a little more research to back up the claims of Ecotek.

In a nutshell, it is the turbulent air that the CB-26P introduces into the system which helps with the fuel efficency. It is based on Tumble technology from F1 and other car makers.

Here is a link to a site explaining "tumble flaps" in a new Benz. It is the same principle and the same claims as the Ecotek CB-26P only it is built into the engine. http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...es-benz/1.html

Thought you'd like to know.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Gee, and I had "turbulent air flow in your engine is BAD" crammed down my throat. . . somebody'd better fly over to DeutschLand and give the Germans a lesson in proper airflow characteristics in the internal cumbustion engine.

Sorry, another thread hijacked, courtesy of engineerboy