Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

China made cars!...Would you buy one?? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triumphant Horse Launched by China Brilliance

SHENYANG, China — China Brilliance has just released the first product of its new car plant in Zhonghua, which was set up with technical assistance from BMW. This is China Brilliance's second passenger car, and it is named the Jinjue (which can be translated either as "Triumphant Horse," or "Winning Gold").

Whatever you call it, it is a sporty sedan designed by Pininfarina in Italy. China Brilliance hopes that it will help raise sales levels from last year's 17,500 to 30,000 units this year. Sedans have higher profit margins than minibuses, which are still the key products of the company.

The Jinjue is 183 inches long, built on a shortened version of its bigger brother's platform. That car, called the Grandeur, is already being distributed in Europe. The Jinjue has four powertrain options from 1.6 to 2.0 liters, most of which are supplied by Shenyang-Mitsubishi.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=109384#2

can we keep the bashing to a minimal?.. im just here trying to inform you guys on some new cars.. last time people acted pretty childish
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

i'm sorry but i'm not liking it...
Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'm having a hard time seeing that as a work of Pininfarina. It just looks like a mix and match of a number of cars.
Skoda grille
Audi swoopy bits down to the lower part of the bumper
Toyota badge
5-series hood
Vectra headlights
etc...
Old Feb 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Dragon
you guys could ignore the maker of this topic.. those are just the cars made within China.. the ones coming to the US is completely different.. if u didnt here, Chery is taking an entirely different step
1. Hiring German Engineers assisting Chinese engineers
2. Italian designers (Ferrari), but with a distinctive Chinese look
etc..
results are theses...

its quite ridiculous how you guys generlize, talk **** after they prove it to be useless..
mind you, the crash test was one auto manufacturers. All you guys do is talk **** implying all chinese made cars must be crap? wow.. just WOW
First vehicle - ripoff of the 4g Eclipse. Not even a good one, either.
Second vehicle - ripoff of the S60. With a hideous duct behind the wheels.
Third vehicle - Mazda 5 with RSX headlights.

What is visionary about copying someone else's design and selling it for less? It's exactly how most Chinese export firms have operated for the last 20 years. I won't even start with the blatant design ripoffs sold within China.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
First vehicle - ripoff of the 4g Eclipse. Not even a good one, either.
Second vehicle - ripoff of the S60. With a hideous duct behind the wheels.
Third vehicle - Mazda 5 with RSX headlights.

What is visionary about copying someone else's design and selling it for less? It's exactly how most Chinese export firms have operated for the last 20 years. I won't even start with the blatant design ripoffs sold within China.

u guys are telling me you wudnt buy these cars in the pics for 10K?? WTF??