Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

totaled, the evo.. now what? options...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totaled, the evo.. now what? options...

Well as some of you know i did this a last weekend...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=264147

anyways, im past the fact that its never going to come back...

Now i have to decide what im going to do with about 30k(i got a little cash too)...

1. 2004 is300 SpecialEdition 5spd... - GTE swap, 6spd swap, stg 3 turbo kit...

2. 1998 supra (modified) , and mabye if i can afford it top secrect final evolution kit(kit = 8k)

3.s2k /w 2jz swap

4. used m3

5. or is350...

ANY OTHER IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!! But sorry evo family im going to be leaving no matter what... i think my insurance is going to be dropping me and i cant afford evo insurance again.. especially now..

Thanks Travis
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

^ Yeh that's it you can't even handle an evo so why not go with something more powerful??? I would suggest a skateboard for you as they are hard to total, and cheap to replace.

Seem to be a lot of fools on this board wrecking these as of late! LEARN HOW TO DRIVE for crying out loud!!!!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cal City Evo
^ Yeh that's it you can't even handle an evo so why not go with something more powerful??? I would suggest a skateboard for you as they are hard to total, and cheap to replace.

Seem to be a lot of fools on this board wrecking these as of late! LEARN HOW TO DRIVE for crying out loud!!!!
if u were intelligent at all you would of looked at the link and read what i had there. Roads were wet, crappy cooper tires... please don’t make yourself look like a complete jackass and stop harassing me about how i cant "handle a evo" thats not why im changing cars i would stick with one if i could... like i said insurance.. it seems to me u just jump to conclusions... READ before u make ur self look stupid.

My crash had nothing to do with power... and im not worried about how cheap my next car is going to be BUD...

Travis
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your insurance will probaly not be any cheaper with a M3, S2000, Supra, or any Lexus. Insurance companies rate not only on type of car but also by the cost of replacement parts, and of course driving record. Just something to keep in mind.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AF-Evo8
your insurance will probaly not be any cheaper with a M3, S2000, Supra, or any Lexus. Insurance companies rate not only on type of car but also by the cost of replacement parts, and of course driving record. Just something to keep in mind.
yeah ur right about that, for cars under 40k evo was #1 and i think the is300 was #6 s2k was #4 or somthing...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AF-Evo8
+11

Any of those others cars will most likely be more in insurance. If i were you, I would get another Evo or Supra. All other cars are too played out. M3's meh. S2000, slow stock. Lexus, not worth the money. Evo or Supra for the win. And I dont mean to be a dick or anything, but blaming it on weather and ****ty tires is not an excuse. Just MHO. Good Luck with whatever you do
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by bluebyu36; Apr 21, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostinjuice
+11

Any of those others cars will most likely be more in insurance. If i were you, I would get another Evo or Supra. All other cars are too played out. M3's meh. S2000, slow stock. Lexus, not worth the money. Evo or Supra for the win. And I dont mean to be a dick or anything, but blaming it on weather and ****ty tires is not an excuse. Just MHO. Good Luck with whatever you do
Yeah there are no excuses... i was totally sitting behind the wheel of the car and it was completely my fault.. im not in denial.. but i thought i had the turn and just 1 sec later i was sliding all over...

I was kinda looking for a unique car.. if i did get a is300 it would pretty much be a four door supra.. with a different rear end.. and some other small stuff...

But it will have a complete 2jz-gte and supra 6spd tranny. with stock rear and upgraded lsd... on pump i could hope for 500-600RWHP. +sexy white leather interior/indash 6cd changer.. blahblahblah

I kinda like the idea of having luxury and speed... while keeping it JDM...

Travis
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
holy crap

S2k with 2JZGTE
lol...good luck making that thing handle good. that motor just killed the S2ks awesome handling capabilities. haha

get a E55 or M5...seems like you have the money for one. lol

get a Fit and drop a K20 in it
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
you will kill your self with a supra motor.......go to driving school
why would you even say that? what makes you think that im going to make the same mistake twice? you think i like crashing completly paid off sport cars?

... i dont need replys like this

Travis.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thisxguy
holy crap

S2k with 2JZGTE
lol...good luck making that thing handle good. that motor just killed the S2ks awesome handling capabilities. haha

get a E55 or M5...seems like you have the money for one. lol

get a Fit and drop a K20 in it
yeah i really didnt think this was a pratical car.. just thought it was very sick! The same guys in FL can swap 2jz into a rx7 too.. badass work..

Uhh acutally i might be able to get a heavily used m5 or e55, but im not into worn out cars.. and i kinda want JDM while im young.. cause in a few years i know ill be rocking a BMW or AUDI...

Travis.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, if you have the money. You can have a Skyline R34 Vspec sent here from Japan for 40k. Thats what i would do with that kind of money
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostinjuice
Honestly, if you have the money. You can have a Skyline R34 Vspec sent here from Japan for 40k. Thats what i would do with that kind of money
That did cross my mind, but i honestly dont think i can find one for my budget.. i looked around and saw a few r34's for like 60+ then i saw a NEW one for 99,000!! haha

That car would be the sickest thing ever though... Set me up /w 1 for 40k and its mine ^^.. can i even get insurance on that car lol?

Travis
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's an idea I've been tossing around a bit...

How about a 350Z or G35 (my preference) with a G35x drivetrain. It's been done before by these guys. Then you can do whatever you want for power, single turbo, twin turbo, stock, nos, sky's the limit pretty much.

I saw this picture and it really made me want to own a sick sick G35 that's done up sort of VIP style.
Attached Thumbnails totaled, the evo.. now what? options...-g351_small.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I would look at a new TR WRX. Then drop the other 6 grand left over into mods. The insurance on a regular WRX should be about $40 per month cheaper than evo insurance. That's just me though. I really don't like buying used c_rs. Especially used performance c_rs.

Quick Reply: totaled, the evo.. now what? options...