Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2010 evo x or 2011 ralliart or 370Z?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well what will make or break my decision is the on-going cost to keep the MR up and running. what is the difference in average cost of car insurance between the ralliart w/recaro and base MR, if you are wanting full coverage?

by the time september rolls around i will be able to flat out just buy the ralliart with the package without a loan. so maybe the MR is the right one for me. not sure yet... we'll have to see what the 2011 RA offers in terms of upgrades from the 2010
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:45 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You can get better deals than that for a MR, much better. Some dealers are giving them away (literally taking losses).

But make no mistake, people modding are losing their SST in the Ralliart after 20k or so miles.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't drive a stick so that's why I didn't have the GSR in there as an option for you all to comment on.
Well, you CAN'T as in you lack a left leg, or you CAN'T as in "I can't drive stick"?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
You can get better deals than that for a MR, much better. Some dealers are giving them away (literally taking losses).

But make no mistake, people modding are losing their SST in the Ralliart after 20k or so miles.
Eh, some ppl are losing their transmissions even without modding. Seems like it's a hit or miss with the transmission.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:07 AM

If you want to constantly think "Why didn't I get the MR" every time you see one, get the Ralliart.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

gsr end of thread !

MR's wont nearly hold the power and ra' are a waste of money =>
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:32 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by solarevo
gsr end of thread !

Wow you told him!! GJ man!

Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

well if i got the GSR it would definately be with the sight/sound/spoiler package.

i should reiterate on the manual transmission... i CAN drive a stick, but not very well. my only experience is pulling customer's cars in and out of garages of which i only need to shift into R and 1st. this would be my first manual transmission car ever and i'm not sure if it is a good beginning point for me haha!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotdog
Well, you CAN'T as in you lack a left leg, or you CAN'T as in "I can't drive stick"?
+1 Because personally, I think everyone should learn how to drive stick and know. You never know when you'll need it.

Originally Posted by lKoRTy
If you want to constantly think "Why didn't I get the MR" every time you see one, get the Ralliart.
Unless... you didn't have the money or want to spend it. Then you'll constantly think "Thank God I saved 10-15k"

But you're right. That's why I got the STi instead of the WRX.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
i should reiterate on the manual transmission... i CAN drive a stick, but not very well. my only experience is pulling customer's cars in and out of garages of which i only need to shift into R and 1st. this would be my first manual transmission car ever and i'm not sure if it is a good beginning point for me haha!
My first was an S2000.
If you can move a car forwards and backwards in 1st and Reverse without much difficulty. You're already pretty much set. Shifting is a piece of cake compared to that. It's being stopped and getting the car going at a green light that takes a bit of practice.

My friend's first was a WRX, and he learned on it AFTER he bought the car.
I taught one of my ex's on the Evo and then she wound up being so addicted to it she bought a TSX with manual, even though she still wasn't that skilled at it.

Point is. Learn it. You won't regret it. It's a valuable life skill. Like knowing how to swim or ride a bike or tie your shoes.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get the MR, change your plans, and autocross the car. it'll be the best thing you've ever done in your entire life.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by solarevo
gsr end of thread !

I think that's an overly harsh statement that RA's are a waste of money. It's no EVO but it's still a pretty nice car. As strictly a DD, it's more than enough.

To each their own, i guess.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:26 PM

If your into traveling to sunny California

go to South Coast Mitsu

2010 Evo X MR Base
MSRP $39,710
Socal Evo X $34,999
EXCEPT WHITE AND BLACK

Ask for Sam! I got the Touring for 36999, and traded in my 08 GSR.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

It will take you ONE WEEK to learn to drive stick if you do it every day.. stalling doesn't necessarily hurt the car at all... reving it up and dumping the clutch, yeah.. but you wont be doing that on your brand new Evo X.

I'd still get the GSR. I got mine for 29.9 (NEW evo x GSR-w/8 miles, SSS, aero, navi.. otd including TTL) when the market sucked last year.. purchased on march 30th 2009... no bs on the price.. thats exactly how much i paid. I think i have a post in the "how much is too much" sticky thread. The deals are out there.

btw, that was with 0% apr finance for 60mo and i believe i put 15k down. NO JOKE.. payments are ~260/mo.. so i think if i do the math.. i can figure it out.. but whatever~
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

^ I got a very decent deal too (just under $30K OTD, including TTL + 0% APR financing, no down) on an '08 GSR+SSS after loyalty rebate. But yours is sick cuz you got the Aero+Navi at the same price I paid, great find!

Quick Reply: 2010 evo x or 2011 ralliart or 370Z?