Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

NEED ADVICE! focus evo, or focus skyline?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Importing the car here is not the problem, it's making it legal to drive on the streets that is. Trust me, keep the Evo and save yourself the headache of dealing with the Skyline.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think u should get a high mileage evo for about 13K already semi modified, and just mod it and beat the crap out of it LOL. And just park your car in a garage for the next 15-35 yrs. I was able to pick up a wrecked evo 8 with 60K miles for $5K. it would have cost me $9K fixed and registered, but my friend was on his knees begging me to sell it to him. So I did
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanberg
Not surprised...
okay, now i'll say this

Youre right if I had rent, bills etc..... Im a kid, I dont have many bills at all.

You see your self as a kid but your 19?? Grow the **** up! seriously? what the hell has this world come to.

Do you have any life plans?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Save your money and start an LS1 build on your porsche

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2413504/1983-porsche-944
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you still making payments on your current car? Any plans for college, better job, etc? Ever wanna get your own place? Might be a better job to put your dreams on hold to get your life situated first. You've already got a great car, might be a good idea to get the rest of your life situated first. You've got your whole life ahead of you to build cars. But who am I to say, I'm only a 20 year old college student sorting my own life out right now.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
19 years old: Check. Fast and Furious quote in sig: Check. Under 100 posts on the forum: Check. Low paying job / living at home: Check. Wants to import a banned car / swap a 2JZ/RB26/LSx into his Evo: Check.

Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

importing a skyline is an idea, but its risky. What if you get it here and they wont Vin it for u?
The Us has higher Standards for crash ratings I.E is why it has to be inspected and what not.
I know some where i read a whole thing on how peeps were getting their skyline Ganked by The us cause they were not up to code. But if your willing to Risk losing the whole car thats up to you. Im always for a FOR SURE thing and with the Evo its a for Sure thing you know customs wont be towing the Evo away cause it wont pass grade.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blowngasket
importing a skyline is an idea, but its risky. What if you get it here and they wont Vin it for u?
The Us has higher Standards for crash ratings I.E is why it has to be inspected and what not.
I know some where i read a whole thing on how peeps were getting their skyline Ganked by The us cause they were not up to code. But if your willing to Risk losing the whole car thats up to you. Im always for a FOR SURE thing and with the Evo its a for Sure thing you know customs wont be towing the Evo away cause it wont pass grade.
Truth, and from what I've seen as well, some people who even legally imported the cars have been getting them taken away as well. I've heard stories of the government citing issues of "national security" with them lol.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm, I think I'm just gonna take another bite of my Chinese food.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:12 AM

Dude you just climbed the ranks from a lancer to an evo (from what I have read in your previous threads). Now you want a skyline.......... why don't you try enjoying the car for more than a month before you decide to buy something else.

If it was me and had 6000 dollars laying around to spend on another vehicle I would modify my evo reliably (coilovers, body modifications, tbe, tune, wheels/tires). Then depending on your selection have some money left over to dine the women you pick up in that sexy *** car.

Plus living in New Jersey with the cars you have in your garage, insurance cannot be cheap. Although I have no idea what the insurance is on high mileage evo in comparison to lower mileage, it can't be very low considering your only 19 years old. Your 1700 month pay check turns into a 1400 month (hell maybe less) paycheck, and who knows how much after gas. I guess that is just assuming that the parents aren't contributing. How long will they be contributing? Nothing worse than having a dream car ripped from your grasp because you couldn't enjoy the dream car that's already in your garage.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
19 years old: Check. Fast and Furious quote in sig: Check. Under 100 posts on the forum: Check. Low paying job / living at home: Check. Wants to import a banned car / swap a 2JZ/RB26/LSx into his Evo: Check.

My thoughts exactly...

"Lol... this guy..."

Just to add something useful to the thread, $1700 a month isn't ****. You can barely live on your own with money like that. Go to school. Finish it.

-Acree
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

1999 skyline. R34 GTR it is not for 7k shipped.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

No I just make good money as a waiter.. like 1700 a month lol. My dad doesnt want me to do it, but I just want the skyline its my dream the r34
Sorry mate, that is certainly not a lot, especially for your goals... thats not even 20k a year after tax...

I can see if that was your bi-weekly pay, yeah alright, that would be a little more reasonable, given your living situation.

But if I were you I would either save that money, put it towards the evo, or use it for school. I dont know about you, but I certainly wouldnt be happy waiting on people hand it foot for the rest of my life. As mentioned though... that is poverty level.. :/

At the end of the day its your car, and your life. Just be prepared for reality to strike soon.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Dont act like I dont do my homework.. I asked a question, everyting is taken care of.. I even have a guy in Japan that will look at the car for me to make sure its not a lemon... Stop assuming things and just answer the question..

THANKS FOR NOTHING
I am not assuming anything. You clearly didn't do enough homework. Its more difficult than just sending $8k and getting a gtr shipped here. There is things like taxes, customs, and other government agencies that dont want older gtrs in the country...

Also like I said, modifying a gtr is much more expensive than an evo. So I did help your thread. Go look up parts for a gtr build and see how much they are. Most are twice as expensive as evo parts.

Its cheaper in japan, he probably got his from the US. and it takes 2000 dollars to ship, but there are also other fees. There are many low priced skylines for sale in japan, but in america its so expensive because its so convenient
exactly

Originally Posted by blackenedwings

Originally Posted by Murf
1999 skyline. R34 GTR it is not for 7k shipped.
+1
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol skyline gtst or gtt are garbage onlu good for drifting

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE! focus evo, or focus skyline?