Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Inside HKS Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inside HKS Headquarters

We want to share another great article Super Street did, taking you on a tour inside the HKS factory headquarters. The full article can be found here: http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...our-and-museum

But for a preview of what's in the article, check out these pictures. Everything from airplane engines to Formula 1 engines!

Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
anymore info about that HKS V12? I think I remember reading somewhere that it was HKS's attempt to become an engine supplier for F1? am I right on that? Any specs on it?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:37 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics
Old Mar 20, 2015, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks for sharing these photos! HKS is an amazing company! Their products last forever and fit like a glove for their applications! I have a 1989 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R. I bought it new, and still have it. It was loaded with HKS products within 6 months! These parts are still on the car, and are still functioning perfectly like the first day they were installed!

While I was in Japan, I went to their Tokyo Shop. The level of workmanship when they installed parts was just amazing, to the smallest detail. The sales staff there was very kind, and very helpful! I bought all kind of parts, and clothing there...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:53 AM

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
great to see hks reengaging the us market. your r&d facilities are impressive, but i hate to say that from the ct9a perspective, there's been only one or maybe two interesting developments in recent years. it might be tempting to say that the ct9a is history except that there have been many new products from us companies in the same timeframe. hopefully, the renewed hks presence means new products will be coming. there's definitely still money to be made on the ct9a and cz4a as things wear out and need replacing. and gotta get product in people's hands for user-based reviews. successful promotion through retailers is not what it used to be, at least in the usa.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
With the sports car market on the upswing here in the states it would be great to see HKS make a real push back into our market.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nemsin
With the sports car market on the upswing here in the states it would be great to see HKS make a real push back into our market.
We're working on it! It'll be interesting to see where the next couple of years takes us
Old Apr 3, 2015, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

HKS needs some exciting new products to reemerge as a tuning leader here in the states.

Imo, things HKS could provide the evo community:
- A cast divided T4 manifold that will work with Garrett and BorgWarner internal wastegate turbos. Similar to http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...FViUfgodobsAUA

- Coilovers w/external reservoir to compete with Ohlins and KW variant 3's in both price and performance.

- A competitively priced 2.2 stroker kit.

- A competitively priced full titanium exhaust system.

- Re-introduce the 7460R turbo with better warranty and local support.
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=434070

- Price drop on your intercooler kits.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:12 PM
EvoM Guru

HKS needs some exciting new products to reemerge as a tuning leader here in the states.

Imo, things HKS could provide the evo community:
- A cast divided T4 manifold that will work with Garrett and BorgWarner internal wastegate turbos. Similar to http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...FViUfgodobsAUA

- Coilovers w/external reservoir to compete with Ohlins and KW variant 3's in both price and performance.

- A competitively priced 2.2 stroker kit.

- A competitively priced full titanium exhaust system.

- Re-introduce the 7460R turbo with better warranty and local support.
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=434070

- Price drop on your intercooler kits.
HKS has never been about competitively priced anything... they've always been about making a quality product

external reservoir doesn't automatically mean better. and they already make a few coilovers priced cheaper than Ohlins and equal to or more than KW depending on the which one... just not external reservoir
http://www.hksusa.com/suspension/

Last edited by WarmMilk; Apr 7, 2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
there are already companies that make the manifold you're asking for, and chances are, more competitively priced than the HKS item would be
Who makes a divided cast manifold for the 4g63 that will accept BorgWarner turbos? I can't seem to find one online. Have a link?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Who makes a divided cast manifold for the 4g63 that will accept BorgWarner turbos? I can't seem to find one online. Have a link?
oops, my bad, I missed the cast part. my mistake
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yea plenty of people doing tubular manifolds, but no real cast options. I am telling you a stock manifold replacement that would allow evo owners to bolt up their favorite Garrett or BorgWarner turbo would sell like hotcakes.