Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Civic Type R announced for US. 2016 Civic debuts [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 03:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
i almost had you.

and, personally, i love the CTR. it's my must-have daily driver, right below the Ford RS. yes. i have an eclectic sense of "cool car" (a.k.a. "ricer"). haha.
haha, me too, I just don't have the money for all my stupid idea's...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
i almost had you.

and, personally, i love the CTR. it's my must-have daily driver, right below the Ford RS. yes. i have an eclectic sense of "cool car" (a.k.a. "ricer"). haha.
It screams ricer. Might be bad for the Evo because all winged cars probably get lumped together by the fuzz, and if a new batch of winged cars come out, there will be that many more idiots in said cars doing dumb things to **** off the fuzz.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 04:05 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
It screams ricer. Might be bad for the Evo because all winged cars probably get lumped together by the fuzz, and if a new batch of winged cars come out, there will be that many more idiots in said cars doing dumb things to **** off the fuzz.
You can thank the Fast and the Furious movie franchise for this, really. But I think one more winged import with a fart can isn't going to make that much more of a difference.

I had a cop pull me over once and was disappointed to find a 40 year old white guy driving the car. At least, that was his expression and body language when I rolled down my tinted window.

Old Aug 5, 2015, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
You can thank the Fast and the Furious movie franchise for this, really. But I think one more winged import with a fart can isn't going to make that much more of a difference.

I had a cop pull me over once and was disappointed to find a 40 year old white guy driving the car. At least, that was his expression and body language when I rolled down my tinted window.

happens with me all the time too . But on a side note, they dont give me a ticket. Not even mention my exhaust , tint , etc. Sometimes good to be a mid age guy . lol
Old Aug 5, 2015, 04:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
happens with me all the time too . But on a side note, they dont give me a ticket. Not even mention my exhaust , tint , etc. Sometimes good to be a mid age guy . lol

Ironically, I was let off with a warning. They had to run as a guy in a poorly modified Chevy Cavalier did a burnout around the corner, so there was a bigger fish to fry.

Old Aug 5, 2015, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Ironically, I was let off with a warning. They had to run as a guy in a poorly modified Chevy Cavalier did a burnout around the corner, so there was a bigger fish to fry.

that is a good reason to keep the ricers around LOL
Old Aug 5, 2015, 06:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by robevo rs
that is a good reason to keep the ricers around lol
+1
Old Aug 5, 2015, 07:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

I'm sure I won't be getting a CTR, but at least car manufacturers haven't forgotten about us!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this car looks pretty good.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Its not just bench racing. The Honda Civic Type R is the fastest fwd car around the Nurburgring to date. Period.

Now if you personally do not place much stock in that fact, that is your perogative. But some of us to think it is worth talking about.
my point is there is three pages of bs from people who think it cant be faster than supercars around the ring. no real facts as to why. just a bunch of people with opinions trying to force others with strong opinions. no one winning the debate. and just a royal waste of my time reading it all. there is only one thread here on this car. I would like to come in here and read updates on the car. not useless banter.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:41 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
not useless banter.
on a web forum???? :P

and since there is only one thread, banter is now lumped in with tech info.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:30 AM
EvoM Community Team

Sadly, you'll often get everything within the spectrum. I wouldn't come here for news updates, because it's just too much time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I would follow car news sites personally, or just a quick google search is way more effective.

Speaking of Honduh, anyone waiting for the baby NSX? That's the one car I'm still excited to learn about.

Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:03 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
my point is there is three pages of bs from people who think it cant be faster than supercars around the ring. no real facts as to why. just a bunch of people with opinions trying to force others with strong opinions. no one winning the debate. and just a royal waste of my time reading it all. there is only one thread here on this car. I would like to come in here and read updates on the car. not useless banter.
Alt+F4
Crisis averted.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Sadly, you'll often get everything within the spectrum. I wouldn't come here for news updates, because it's just too much time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I would follow car news sites personally, or just a quick google search is way more effective.

Speaking of Honduh, anyone waiting for the baby NSX? That's the one car I'm still excited to learn about.

you mean the S660? I looks epic except for one small detail. always on traction control
Old Aug 6, 2015, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Alt+F4
Crisis averted.
whats that do? give me the updates without the BS chatter? pretty nifty. must try

Quick Reply: Civic Type R announced for US. 2016 Civic debuts [MERGED]