Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST - is Ford trying to clear them out?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
This past month his car has been in the service department for overheating issue. The dealer has given it back but it continues to happen. He dropped it off yesterday and I was with him and the rep told him the part they needed to fix his issue might take up to 6 weeks to arrive. He has about 6k miles on a 17 year model bought new in Jan.

The local dealers here only have Black, Charcoal Grey, White to choose from. I'm not a fan of those colors.. I'm seeing great deals on them and my daily driver was stolen last week and might be in the market for a new daily.
I came very close to buying a base, no option, Fiesta ST for $18,000. But, I chose to buy a Honda Accord V6 manual coupe for $26,000.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 01:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
I came very close to buying a base, no option, Fiesta ST for $18,000. But, I chose to buy a Honda Accord V6 manual coupe for $26,000.
Hah, so was the Accord the reality of what you where shopping for and looking at the Fiesta reminded you of that? Those are two very different cars.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Hah, so was the Accord the reality of what you where shopping for and looking at the Fiesta reminded you of that? Those are two very different cars.
​​​​​​
Pretty much.

I kept looking at mods for the Fiesta and I think that defeats the whole purpose. One thing that was a factor, which is really a personal one, is I don't really work on my cars anymore and I wanted a car with no special/greater requirements for maintenance.

I liked the Fiesta a lot. I could actually see moving the Evo in the future for one, if the Evo ends up sitting around a lot in a two car rotation. Yeah, all these cars are very different but after 14 years of exclusive Miata driving I guess I have a wandering eye.

Last edited by moparfan; Aug 29, 2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Reviving this thread since we recently sold the Fiances Honda Fit Sport (5spd) and are looking for a replacement vehicle.

Seems ford has decent deals right now to clear lots for new models:

Found a brand new 2017 Fiesta ST (ST1) in White (which will look great in garage next to the white evo) for $18,900 + taxes and fees=$20,274 OTD

For the price, IMO, that will be hard to beat.
The only questions bugging me is, will we regret not getting the heated leather Recaros down the road?
Seems all the nicer packaged STs with recaros/sunroof are an additional $2-3K.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 02:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo
Reviving this thread since we recently sold the Fiances Honda Fit Sport (5spd) and are looking for a replacement vehicle.

Seems ford has decent deals right now to clear lots for new models:

Found a brand new 2017 Fiesta ST (ST1) in White (which will look great in garage next to the white evo) for $18,900 + taxes and fees=$20,274 OTD

For the price, IMO, that will be hard to beat.
The only questions bugging me is, will we regret not getting the heated leather Recaros down the road?
Seems all the nicer packaged STs with recaros/sunroof are an additional $2-3K.
Much like the Evo, the seats really make the car.

That said if you are just noodling around, then you need to make the decision if they are worth it to you.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Nothing really worth doing. The tune is the #1 biggest thing you can do to change the performance of the car.

Hence why the only mod I have on my second FiST is an ECU tune. A custom one at that. The COBB OTS tunes are kinda meh, mainly because they take out all torque managment so then you just blow the tires off in 1st and 2nd all the time.

Second best mod is upgraded FMIC as the stock one can't keep up if you are beating on the car.
My brother has asked me to get some advice from you on your experience tuning the FIESTA ST.
He has the Mountune upgrades (MP215 Tune, Intake, Charge Pipes, FMIC, Large Radiator, Cat Back Exhaust) and wants to get more out of his car. He has 2016 model and is wanting to know if you have done or know if its worth doing the downpipe and highflow cat or find a test pipe option? His concerns are passing smog as we are on the west coast.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Much like the Evo, the seats really make the car.

That said if you are just noodling around, then you need to make the decision if they are worth it to you.
How many miles are on your fiesta? And how many of them have you been on e30?
Any issues this far?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 02:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
My brother has asked me to get some advice from you on your experience tuning the FIESTA ST.
He has the Mountune upgrades (MP215 Tune, Intake, Charge Pipes, FMIC, Large Radiator, Cat Back Exhaust) and wants to get more out of his car. He has 2016 model and is wanting to know if you have done or know if its worth doing the downpipe and highflow cat or find a test pipe option? His concerns are passing smog as we are on the west coast.
I don't think it will do much with the stock turbo. Best best is to upgrade the turbo to one of the stock frame options. That will pass smog as nobody will know the turbo is upgraded.

How many miles are on your fiesta? And how many of them have you been on e30?
Any issues this far?
I'm on my second Fiesta ST. I had a 2014 for two years that I modded more and tracked a bit. You can read more about it here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lo...t-project.html

I had zero problems with it and it was making 300wtq+. I turned it back in after two years and was going to switch cars but ended up just picking up another Fiesta ST, a 2016. I have had that for a year and the only thing i have done to it is a tune and E30. I have a little under 10k on it.

The 1.6 Fiesta ST motor is pretty stout. There are people making 250-300whp on them with zero issues.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Unless something really shady happens on the dealers behalf. I’ll be picking up my new DD on Monday.

2017 FoST, Metallic Gray/Grey (who the **** knows how Ford spells it). All I know it has a **** ton of metallic in it. Trading in the current warm hatch for what I should have gotten to begin haha.

This FoST has the Smoke Storm Recaros, only Metallic Grey FiST or FoST w/ the Recaros I’ve ever seen in person. Ford is having killer deals on their whole lineup of 2017 cars and trucks right now. EX.. FoRS, GT, Crowd Killer GT-350r, Raptor, and Super Duty.

It’s time to jump on one for me. 30k sticker, Heavily discounted, then you can either opt for the rebates on top of that or 0% for 72 mo. I’ll likely opt for the rebates if they’re close as then it’ll eat up more of the depreciation, though if it’s a bit cheaper for the 0% who doesn’t like that. Hmmmm? I guess it’s 6.....

I’ll be a lil sad to see the current DD VT go, love the car, there just really isn’t a viable tuning option available IMO, love that Matte Grey paint though and the styling I always really enjoyed, I’ve had 2 of them hoping for more tuning availability. The extra 50hp and 70tq will be nice, even though the FoST is a few 100lbs heavier than the VT they’re absolutely faster stock for stock. A “tuned” VT might be close, I have no intention of keeping the FoST stock, though I’ll likely stop at exhaust work and a proper tune Cobb makes an AP, unsure if they have flash/logging SW for the car?

Another nice thing is I’ll reuse my Dual OCC set up from the VT, so I don’t have to buy on Monday night and wait for it to come, I’ll be able to keep the motor and piping clean from Day 1, also have 2 cases of Motul oil formulated for GDI engines to combat LSPI issues that can come along with them as well as Cerma Engine and Nano treatments I’ll do early in its life.

Sould make some nice hp/ya with a couple parts and a tune (I’d have to imagine over 300) and be a fekin hoot to drive.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats man! I loved my both FoSTs I have owned. Great cars and fun to drive. In one, I got into and literally walked away from a big wreck to grab some pizza (it hurt though). Totally recommend to anyone.

The following users liked this post:
gsrboi80 (Nov 12, 2017)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

we ended up grabbing a shadow black FIST with the Recaros but no sunroof or nav and no front bumper plate/holes!

Super fun little car!
After a weekend of driving the Fiesta, the Evo this morning felt like a brand new car and fast again lol!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

we ended up grabbing a shadow black FIST with the Recaros but no sunroof or nav and no front bumper plate/holes!

Super fun little car!
After a weekend of driving the Fiesta, the Evo this morning felt like a brand new car and fast again lol!
That's exactly how I would have gotten one. The Recaro with no sunroof is really tough to find here.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Moparfan,

Between the added weight, cost and the awkward placement of the sunroof in Fiesta ST, It just didn't make sense.

Also for anyone who is thinking about a fiesta ST or hasn't seen one in person...The sunroof placement isn't directly above you like most cars.
Ford awkwardly placed it behind your head, almost as if to make it more accessible to the rear seat passengers?
I don't get it.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 05:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Thought you all might get a laugh with this one.

Here is my Evo 10 vs my Fiesta ST (only mod being me tuning it on E40)

Old Nov 17, 2017, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Made a Deal, test drive of my car tonight and paperwork in the AM. Home tonight after test drive to remove some easy sell items off the VT to put twoadrs a COBB AP for my new car. Much excite. Don't want to work

Quick Reply: 2017 Ford Fiesta ST - is Ford trying to clear them out?