Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST - is Ford trying to clear them out?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
https://m.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/best-new-car-deals#Best_Sports_Car_Deals
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XSivPSI
I forget where I saw it, but I heard no 2018 fiesta for US.
They might not bring it to the US, but if they do, it would likely be the 1.5L three cylinder. I'm really keen on the Fiesta ST as a replacement for my '09 RA, but I was hoping that I'd be able to pick up a '14-'16 lightly used.

If they don't continue to bring them, they might actually go up in value, which wouldn't be great, since there isn't really anything with the same properties (hatchback, small turbo four, manual).
Old Apr 4, 2018, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Fiesta to take a Siesta.

A dirt nap, actually.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ala/485483002/
Old Jul 1, 2018, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

For those people that want a Fiesta ST... you still have a chance in 2019 to get one!

https://jalopnik.com/the-ford-fiesta...-ch-1827258435
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
For those people that want a Fiesta ST... you still have a chance in 2019 to get one!

https://jalopnik.com/the-ford-fiesta...-ch-1827258435

Probably to use up the existing stockpile of parts before it is pulled. Not the cute euro package 3 banger with 2 doors. Fords screws the homeland again.
Oh but... will give us the crappy option of ST-line with no performance..Lol......We rate worse then a 3rd world country with Ford.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whtrice
Probably to use up the existing stockpile of parts before it is pulled. Not the cute euro package 3 banger with 2 doors. Fords screws the homeland again.
Oh but... will give us the crappy option of ST-line with no performance..Lol......We rate worse then a 3rd world country with Ford.
I think there are a lot of people that daily drive F150s without a need for a pickup. Even though Ford makes a vast quantity of money on trucks I think there is significant risk for Ford if gas prices rise significantly.

Anyway, your thought was exactly what I thought. Use up all those parts even if they have to discount these cars massively - and I do expect them to discount massively since Ford is leaving the CAR behind.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
I return my 2016 Fiesta ST lease today. It was my second Fiesta ST two year lease so I have been driving a Fiesta ST for the last four years. I'm going to miss it. It was a great little car. If you are looking for a fun and involving daily then grab one. If I wasn't planning on moving cross country soon I would have probably bought it out. FYI, it is a fully loaded ST with recaros, sunroof, etc and after the two year lease the buyout was $16k.

I replaced it with a Golf wagon because I wanted AWD and more space. Speaking of discounts, VW is hurting, I was able to get $8,000 off MSRP with no haggling whatsoever and it was across ALL dealerships here in the Bay Area, California. I went to three dealerships and they where all empty with eight plus sales people looking bored as all get out.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
I return my 2016 Fiesta ST lease today. It was my second Fiesta ST two year lease so I have been driving a Fiesta ST for the last four years. I'm going to miss it. It was a great little car. If you are looking for a fun and involving daily then grab one. If I wasn't planning on moving cross country soon I would have probably bought it out. FYI, it is a fully loaded ST with recaros, sunroof, etc and after the two year lease the buyout was $16k.

I replaced it with a Golf wagon because I wanted AWD and more space. Speaking of discounts, VW is hurting, I was able to get $8,000 off MSRP with no haggling whatsoever and it was across ALL dealerships here in the Bay Area, California. I went to three dealerships and they where all empty with eight plus sales people looking bored as all get out.

I know you had a Golf R before... Did you look into a new mk7 Golf R? not enough room?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo
I know you had a Golf R before... Did you look into a new mk7 Golf R? not enough room?
They are $42,000

Plus if I get bored of the wagon I can replace the IS12 stock turbo with the IS38 Golf R turbo and have a 12sec AWD wagon. Beauty of VW's are that they are lego cars.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

The whole new car industry is on slow right now. https://www.forbes.com/sites/greggar.../#78555a42dcb6
What wait....... Golf wagon ?? .....so you're going reverse wagon train back east with the Evo too....Or is it getting leased out as well ?
Whole car sales industry is down....https://www.forbes.com/sites/greggar.../#78555a42dcb6