Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

MOD East 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
MOD East 2017

MOD EAST 2017
Mitsubishi Owners Day East Coast

August 19
9am-1pm

Citizens Bank Park
1 Citizens Bank Way
Philadelphia, PA 19148

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/events

I don't know anything about MOD other than what I've seen on youtube for the west coast event. It is quite a drive for me at 415miles, but if it's more than just a CNC for Mitsubishis it may be worth the trip. I think Mitsubishi North America had a presence at the west coast event, could be interesting. Anyone care to comment on MOD?

*I apologize in advance if there is already a thread for this, but I searched and didn't find anything.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 09:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
MMNA is the host of the West Coast event, it is held at the MMNA corporate office in Cypress. Idk about the East coast one.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
The East Coast one can't compare to the West Coast one AT ALL! I have been going to the East Coast one for 5 years. Barely any Vendors, and the turnout is no where near what the West Coast has! They treat the East Coast MOD as an after thought! All their energies are focused on the West Coast!

Having said that, I think it is worth going to at least one...I just don't want you to think if you were to go, you were going to this huge Mitsubishi event! Sadly, not even close!

Last edited by NJ9MR; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
well, i wanted to bring my rally car, and 2 others plus an Evo shell which prepped with FIA roll cage as a sample to show some heritage and rally stuff about 3 years ago. Also Full rally service the whole nine yard, to show Mitsubishi enthusiast about rally cars. Specially for Evo guys to see what they really have. The plan included projector with in car videos, at the "Service area" etc. When i was planning this, and ask the organizers so as Mitsubishi MOD organizer to give us 4 spots to set up the whole thing as we do at the rally, and for the rest for the exhibition.
This would be all in my cost , trucks people service crew etc... Cost a pretty money just to get there and set this up. Also talk to the other rally team to come down , the service crew, and the rest.

Something like this, but a bit more show organized fashion.

The Answer was what can i offer for MOD for return? What i can offer for free to raffle? etc.

So if you ever wonder why i wont ever show up, and why mitsubishi get doomed in the states, here is one example for you.

I am NOT a vendor, i do NOT sell ANYTHING, but i DO race and love Evolution. So blindly , i got offer for some sponsorship if i gave up on Mitsubishi and rally a Subaru. I refused.
That is what i got to share.

Cheers and have fun in MOD, i am sure its fun and great event. But it got poisoned for me.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
What is even worse is that it is on the SAME weekend as the DSM/Evo Shootout.

I wanted to go to the East Coast MOD, but I'm not missing the Shootout for it. I'm sure many others feel the same way. Myself and others have notified them so many times about the event conflicts, but fell on deaf ears.

At the end of the day, they are the ones hurting themselves.
The following users liked this post:
NJ9MR (Jul 13, 2017)