Notices
The Loft (Evom Car Talk Corner) The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Audio TT RS

 
Old Mar 12, 2019, 07:51 PM
  #1  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,425
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Audio TT RS

Anyone got one? Can't believe they are lighter than ct9a stock and people are already cranking out 1khp on them....
How do they handle compared to a ct9a? I'm sure it's worlds better in DD duties.
Grimgrak is offline  
Old Mar 12, 2019, 08:53 PM
  #2  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Construct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 821
Liked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Fortunately, I don't have any more garage space. Otherwise I'd probably have an RS3 or TT-RS.

AWD, 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, decent tuning overhead in factory trim, great interior, and reasonable curb weight. On paper, it should be like a mini GTR.

I've only done minimal research on them, for the sake of my wallet. With the right camber plates some people were getting into the 2.0-2.5 range for camber. I see people fitting 265s or 275s without too much trouble. Still has a front-heavy 61/39 weight distribution like the Evo, though.
Construct is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2019, 05:17 PM
  #3  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
warmmilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,749
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak View Post
Anyone got one? Can't believe they are lighter than ct9a stock and people are already cranking out 1khp on them....
How do they handle compared to a ct9a? I'm sure it's worlds better in DD duties.
its also double the price... as far as handling goes, I don't have any direct experience, but I'd expect the Audi to do everything better other than last 200k miles
warmmilk is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2019, 05:18 PM
  #4  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
warmmilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,749
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct View Post
Fortunately, I don't have any more garage space. Otherwise I'd probably have an RS3 or TT-RS.

AWD, 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, decent tuning overhead in factory trim, great interior, and reasonable curb weight. On paper, it should be like a mini GTR.

I've only done minimal research on them, for the sake of my wallet. With the right camber plates some people were getting into the 2.0-2.5 range for camber. I see people fitting 265s or 275s without too much trouble. Still has a front-heavy 61/39 weight distribution like the Evo, though.
funny you should say that
warmmilk is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2019, 07:34 PM
  #5  
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,425
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
It's like an evo with more displacement and similar or less weight only issue is handling for me.
Grimgrak is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2019, 09:44 PM
  #6  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
warmmilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,749
Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak View Post
It's like an evo with more displacement and similar or less weight only issue is handling for me.
in a way I understand where you're coming from, I see and audi and instantly think understeer (except R8)... but I'm under the impression that this car handles better than most other audi's... and I doubt its worse than the CTR...
warmmilk is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2019, 01:27 PM
  #7  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
blackline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 378
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
That 5 cylinder motor is no joke.
blackline is online now  
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:20 AM
  #8  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: California
Posts: 5
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They'll be in the mid 8s soon
SimpleJack is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2019, 07:50 PM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Jeff_Jeske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: On the track
Posts: 4,353
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I sold my 9 and picked up a TTRS. Right off the showroom floor it is capable of 80% of what my track EVO was. But to get that additional 20% is gonna take some work.
Jeff_Jeske is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:40 PM
  #10  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 451
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske View Post
I sold my 9 and picked up a TTRS. Right off the showroom floor it is capable of 80% of what my track EVO was. But to get that additional 20% is gonna take some work.
Can you elaborate on this? Power doesn't seem to be the issue, I think, so what are the handling limitations?
lv05evo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.