Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

italianpryd91 - Worst Online Purchase Ever

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down italianpryd91 - Worst Online Purchase Ever

I want to properly document my transaction with italianpryd91 regarding my purchase of the Cobb AP he posted for sale. This was by far the worst experience I had purchasing from someone online. This is the original sales thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...evo-8-9-a.html

I contacted him on Nov 9, 2011, regarding the Cobb AP he had for sale. Since the pictures he posted in the thread were blurry, I wanted to make sure the Cobb AP was complete with everything as well as no cosmetic blemishes. Below was my conversation with him (I have retained the PMs I communicated with him):

Me: If it's still available, I'll take it. Just let me know and I'll send payment ASAP
Him: still for sale, send payment to [e-mail address removed due to seller request]! please included 3.3% for paypal, unless you want to send as a gift! Thanks!
Me: Sounds good, are there any scratches on the casing itself?
Him: nope none!
Me: Everything included, right? Just to confirm.
Him: Yes accessport and usb wire is included also have the disc but you dont need it its outdated. You would need to download the updated info from cobb.

Fast forward to yesterday, when the package was actually delivered after almost a month since I sent payment. I opened up the package, and to my surprise, the Cobb AP was in horrible condition, and the plug was missing from the OBD II dongle. Refer to below for the pictures:

Missing OBD II Plug and Scratches on the Casing:

Scratches on the OBD II Dongle:

Back of the OBD II Dongle:

Cobb AP:

Back of the AP:

Scratches on the Screen:

Needless to say, I was not expecting to see this, so I contacted him right away. Below was our conversation since yesterday:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me:Received the AP today, however, when I open the box, the OBD II dongle is missing the plug for the car.

This was not disclosed to me, and I don't know if the AP can still be used without that.

From you for sale thread, I'm talking about that white plug for the dongle:

FS: Accessport for evo 8/9

Me: Also, when I asked if there were any scratches on the casing, your response was "nope, none!" This was definitely not the case. The AP itself has scratches all over the place, even scratches on the screen. If I had known this before I bought it, I would've looked elsewhere...

Him: Well im not sure what you talking about a white dongle? Everything pictured is there. I did use a small box to package it with paper stuffing. Figured that would be sufficient enough to protect it. Could you post pictures of the way it looks now on the PayPal Claim. As of now i cannot refund the item until we can maybe come to an agreement.

Thanks

Me: (I sent him the pictures as posted above, right after I open the package and inspect the items)

Him: Oh come on man, i didnt ship that like that... at all.

Me: So are you trying to tell me that during the shipping process, someone took out the AP, scratched it all up, pulled out the plug on the dongle, and put in back in the box before delivered it to me yesterday? Or are you trying to say that I scratched up the unit and trying to scam you?

This is the ACTUAL condition of the unit as I received it yesterday. I have nothing to hide and will provide EVERYTHING to PayPal for them to make a judgement. I demand a FULL refund and not a penny less.

Have a good day.

Him: You never know how people are in these times of day. Things a tuff. Theres no way i shipped that like that. I already talked to paypal. I have pictures before i shipped the item and it didnt look like that at all...

Ill be leaving negative feedback of how you manipulated the item into getting it to look destroyed so paypal favored for you so you could get the item for free.

Thats not right man, be real live up to the fact that i gave it to you for so cheap you should be thanking me instead of doing this crap. People are unbelievable.

Have a nice day. Please keep further communications in paypal from now on so everything can be recorded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal claim has been open to get a full refund of the Cobb AP, I want to properly document this so everyone can be the judgement of this. I did not manipulated the AP as he had stated, only speaking from truth of what I saw with my own eyes after opening the package.

Eric

Last edited by EricLee7481; Dec 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: removed paypal e-mail address per seller request
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for started the thread so i can fill in some of my information. I have pictures showing the item before i shipped out, always do this just in case someone tries to pull something over on me. Cant trust too many people these days. Anyways i shipped the item in a box well packaged, responded to all the pictures you wanted of the unit with the dongle thing you say is missing. Showing it was there in my photos. Wether you ripped it off or did whatever to it no one will know.

Let the pictures do the talking.

Attached Thumbnails italianpryd91 - Worst Online Purchase Ever-accessport.jpg   italianpryd91 - Worst Online Purchase Ever-accessport4.jpg  
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

There is no way for me to know what had happened to the AP between 10/27/2011 when you took that picture and when you gave me the tracking number on 11/25/2011 (and you didn't actually ship it until 11/28/2011, I had to repeatedly follow up with you to get an update), since the AP was in your possession the entire time. I raised this issue as quick as I can, just to avoid any accusations like this. I still retained the box it came in with, and it was definitely not well packaged. There were 2 pieces of styrofoams and a plastic shipping air bag. Nothing to secure the AP in any sense, and it was just tossed in there. No visual damage to the box either. I will post the contents in the box as well as the box for reference.

In addition, that 2nd picture was the first time I have ever seen it. It was never provided to me and no one knows when that picture was taken.

Originally Posted by italianpryd91
Thanks for started the thread so i can fill in some of my information. I have pictures showing the item before i shipped out, always do this just in case someone tries to pull something over on me. Cant trust too many people these days. Anyways i shipped the item in a box well packaged, responded to all the pictures you wanted of the unit with the dongle thing you say is missing. Showing it was there in my photos. Wether you ripped it off or did whatever to it no one will know.

Let the pictures do the talking.

Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

UPS Tracking to prove that it was just delivered yesterday:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p....x=0&track.y=0
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EricLee7481
There is no way for me to know what had happened to the AP between 10/27/2011 when you took that picture and when you gave me the tracking number on 11/25/2011 (and you didn't actually ship it until 11/28/2011, I had to repeatedly follow up with you to get an update), since the AP was in your possession the entire time. I raised this issue as quick as I can, just to avoid any accusations like this. I still retained the box it came in with, and it was definitely not well packaged. There were 2 pieces of styrofoams and a plastic shipping air bag. Nothing to secure the AP in any sense, and it was just tossed in there. No visual damage to the box either. I will post the contents in the box as well as the box for reference.

In addition, that 2nd picture was the first time I have ever seen it. It was never provided to me and no one knows when that picture was taken.
Okay so i took a while to ship it i told you i was out of town and you told me to take my time. I shipped it when i got home.

There was actually 2 pieces of packaging paper one on each side of the accessport in a long rectangular shaped box. That should of protected the package very well, although as you stated no damage to the box so the item was never destroyed in transit. The second picture was in my records as i stated before i took pictures of it before i shipped it like i do with everything i ship in case something like this happens i have proof to back myself up. As far as that missing dongle with the wire, you can pick up a dongle for very cheap at a local hardware store im sure. I will be willing to help you find which hole the wire needs to go into. Im 100% sure though i shipped the item with that dongle so please check the box and make sure it didnt fall off the wire because i will say that it was on there pretty loose. But my picture does show that the dongle is there.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Size of the box in relations to the AP:

Interior Packaging for the AP:

Tracking number to prove that this is the package I received:
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, I did tell you to send if after you get back in town the following week, however, you did not communicate as to when you will be shipping it until I constantly followed up with you, which was another week later. You did not even attempt to contact me letting me know that you'll be coming home late, but this has nothing to do with the item I received, so I'll leave it as that.

The plug was no where to be found in the box, so it definitely didn't make it in the box in the first place. If it had fell off and in the box, then that's a different story. With the plug off the dongle, how can I know for sure the AP still function? That also still doesn't justify how the AP is so messed up cosmetically. Those markings were not new, but looked like it's been through years of use to get to that point.

I have posted pictures of the box as well as the contents for other to see. Those picture can prove that the AP was definitely not "well packaged" as you have described.

Okay so i took a while to ship it i told you i was out of town and you told me to take my time. I shipped it when i got home.

There was actually 2 pieces of packaging paper one on each side of the accessport in a long rectangular shaped box. That should of protected the package very well, although as you stated no damage to the box so the item was never destroyed in transit. The second picture was in my records as i stated before i took pictures of it before i shipped it like i do with everything i ship in case something like this happens i have proof to back myself up. As far as that missing dongle with the wire, you can pick up a dongle for very cheap at a local hardware store im sure. I will be willing to help you find which hole the wire needs to go into. Im 100% sure though i shipped the item with that dongle so please check the box and make sure it didnt fall off the wire because i will say that it was on there pretty loose. But my picture does show that the dongle is there.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you, exactly the point I was trying to prove.

Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
lol@ trying to say thatll happen to a product from shipping... no one is that careless man. shady bizz...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:28 PM
Account Disabled

Simple Short Answer, plug it in and see if it works... i GUARANTEE it works or i will REPLACE it then. I used it in both of my evos and it worked flawlessly. I didnt even keep it in the car it stay indoors in a draw.

Its possible that can happen during shipping you never know. Like i said though i have pictures posted of when i sent it. Theres nothing shady about anything. Ive sold plenty of things with no issues at all.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

So tell me how would I plug it in when the plug itself is missing?

The fact of the matter is, when I asked you specifically if everything is included and if there were any cosmetic damages, you could have told me the truth, then I would have thanked you and moved on with my life. Instead, you told me that everything was included and there were no scratches on the AP, and now you have the audacity to say that I manipulated the item in order to get it for free...

I don't need you to replace the AP, just issue my refund and you can have the AP back. I won't be doing any more business with you in the future, that's for sure.

Simple Short Answer, plug it in and see if it works... i GUARANTEE it works or i will REPLACE it then. I used it in both of my evos and it worked flawlessly. I didnt even keep it in the car it stay indoors in a draw.

Its possible that can happen during shipping you never know. Like i said though i have pictures posted of when i sent it. Theres nothing shady about anything. Ive sold plenty of things with no issues at all.

Last edited by EricLee7481; Dec 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:43 PM
Account Disabled

What i shipped it definitely the same item in the pictures 100%. I suggested that it happened in the shipping i didnt say it did, so please dont take that as a conclusion. I dont know how the item got damaged like that. Im offering a full refund if he can prove to me that the unit indeed does not work. I think thats more then fair to work out the situation.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:48 PM

its missing a plug, regardless of its "function", its "form" is jacked and not as he was shown initially...

just my .02

hope all is made right
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

appreciate the advice, im sure me and him can work this out and come to an agreement.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Unless UPS took a picture of the actual item before you placed in the box and saw you seal it up, there is no way for me to believe that the item went into the box in the pictures you posted. Picture you posted could have been taken years ago, who knows?

So tell me again how I can "see if it works" if it's missing something to get it to work?!? The only agreement I will agree to, is that you issue full refund back to me, and you can have your AP back. I WILL NOT settle with partial refund or anything else, period.

What i shipped it definitely the same item in the pictures 100%. I suggested that it happened in the shipping i didnt say it did, so please dont take that as a conclusion. I dont know how the item got damaged like that. Im offering a full refund if he can prove to me that the unit indeed does not work. I think thats more then fair to work out the situation.

Last edited by EricLee7481; Dec 7, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly what I was trying to get to. This was definitely not what I was expecting, even after I confirmed with him on the contents as well as the condition of the item.

Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
its missing a plug, regardless of its "function", its "form" is jacked and not as he was shown initially...

just my .02

hope all is made right

Quick Reply: italianpryd91 - Worst Online Purchase Ever