Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Bad Guy: GoodTimes Bent MR x BBS Wheel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Federighi
Lancer & gray: I guess you guys didn't understand & so now I'll repeat for the 3rd time: "who in their right mind would ever think that scenario would work?" That is a completely irrational notion & you should think about it before you respond with "well maybe the buyer had the idea to buy it, then damage it & try to convince the seller to give him money. Yeah, huh huh, that's a GREAT idea" Really?

As for myself & other honest sellers I've had the pleasure to deal with, I can say that I would honor the buyer's claim (given that he seemed respectable, which I feel that I would be able to judge during our face-to -face transaction) & make up for my falsely represented item, regardless of my knowledge thereof.

Yes, minor bends can be balanced out as this one was & and the reason the bend was overlooked is because the seller claimed them to be free of damage in the post, which I confirmed his claim again later to make sure over the phone. So naturally I wasn't expecting there to be a bend, given the information I received.

So then what may I ask exonerates his dealings & condemns mine in this situation? I keep getting the impression that I'm the party guilty of shady doings or that it's my fault for trusting the claims the seller made.
Ok, obviously you're the one the who didn't understand what I said. My personal opinion is NOT that youre trying to scam the seller. My only point was that ASSUMING that the seller was truly not aware of the bend (notice the word assuming which was key in my whole argument) then he really has no reason to refund you any money. Why? Well because there is absolutely NO WAY he would know whether you're trying to scam him OR if the shop damaged the wheel and just told you the bend was already there. He has no reason to trust you or the shop. And, YES, buyers scam sellers all the time! Sarcastically saying "great idea" does not take away from the fact that people do this. In most cases, no the buyer wouldnt purposely damage the item just to get some money back (even though I can think of a few scenarios where it would make sense to). But buyers can lie about the damage even being there in the first place or accidentally damage the item and then tell the seller the item came damaged from them in an attempt to recover some money. And just cause you met face to face doesnt mean anything. The seller couldve come off as a good guy yet you dont think he's being one now right? You cant trust someone just cause they seemed nice the first time you met them.

And when i asked about how someone could not know about a wheel bend, I was referring to the seller not knowing since he had been driving on them for a while. I wasnt referring to you or blaming you for not noticing.

To reiterate, no I don't think you're trying to scam anyone. And it is a possibility that the seller is shady and knew about the bend all along. All I did was present one side under an assumption because some people were making it seem like the seller owes you money whether or not he knew about the bend which is the part I disagree with. Sorry if I came off like i was trying to make you seem like the bad guy or the one who's at fault but that was not my intent at all.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gray9evo
Ok, obviously you're the one the who didn't understand what I said. My personal opinion is NOT that youre trying to scam the seller. My only point was that ASSUMING that the seller was truly not aware of the bend (notice the word assuming which was key in my whole argument) then he really has no reason to refund you any money. Why? Well because there is absolutely NO WAY he would know whether you're trying to scam him OR if the shop damaged the wheel and just told you the bend was already there. He has no reason to trust you or the shop. And, YES, buyers scam sellers all the time! Sarcastically saying "great idea" does not take away from the fact that people do this. In most cases, no the buyer wouldnt purposely damage the item just to get some money back (even though I can think of a few scenarios where it would make sense to). But buyers can lie about the damage even being there in the first place or accidentally damage the item and then tell the seller the item came damaged from them in an attempt to recover some money. And just cause you met face to face doesnt mean anything. The seller couldve come off as a good guy yet you dont think he's being one now right? You cant trust someone just cause they seemed nice the first time you met them.

And when i asked about how someone could not know about a wheel bend, I was referring to the seller not knowing since he had been driving on them for a while. I wasnt referring to you or blaming you for not noticing.

To reiterate, no I don't think you're trying to scam anyone. And it is a possibility that the seller is shady and knew about the bend all along. All I did was present one side under an assumption because some people were making it seem like the seller owes you money whether or not he knew about the bend which is the part I disagree with. Sorry if I came off like i was trying to make you seem like the bad guy or the one who's at fault but that was not my intent at all.

This is where i stand also. I wasnt trying to say you were being shady, i was just trying to provide some insight from another perspective. Seeing as I have been on both ends of a deal like this I know it well...

And yes I do feel it IS YOUR fault for not inspecting the wheels...when you decide to man up and accept responsibility is your choice. I accepted responsibility when I bought a set of wheels with a bend. It was my fault, I didnt check... you just have to accept it and move on.